Digitally Distributed PC games ON SALE Thread

I just found out Steam is giving away Amnesia: The Dark Descent for free until 10am (Pacific) on Wednesday. My quest to find the Ultimate Strong One of horror games lives on! :zodd:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
GTA4 is basically free today if you have Amazon Prime. You gotta sign up for a free trial of Twitch Prime through your Amazon account, link it, and then buy GTA4 from Amazon (specifically Amazon, not other vendors on there) and you'll get a $15 credit on your $14.99 purchase. Just ordered one for PS4, so I guess I'll finally be playing it.

This url has all the links if you're not sure about the process (as I wasn't):

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/if-you-have-amazon-prime-gta-v-is-basically-free-for-p-1831201145#cxrecs_s

It's still kinda tricky because even if you sign up through Amazon it'll funnel you to a Twitch login but you still need to do a separate Twitch sign up, etc.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
GTA4 is basically free today if you have Amazon Prime. You gotta sign up for a free trial of Twitch Prime through your Amazon account, link it, and then buy GTA4 from Amazon (specifically Amazon, not other vendors on there) and you'll get a $15 credit on your $14.99 purchase. Just ordered one for PS4, so I guess I'll finally be playing it.

Oh wow, thanks. Snagged it. BTW linking to Twitch Prime is a good idea in general, if you already have Prime. They give away several games each month for free.

I know that I know :)

My post our worse
There are tons of games on sale right now on steam until February 11 im getting the Witcher 3 game of the year edition for 14.99 and maybe Rainbow Six Siege for 9.99 also there is a deal of getting 5 dollars off a 30 dollar or higher purchase.

Griffith

I'm tempted yet again to get that last Tomb Raider for half off, especially so I have something to play in the PC room (totally regret not getting RE2 on PC for that reason and will now only buy PS4 exclusives on PS4... at least until I see how Sekiro runs on my rig =).

Johnstantine said:
I have tried so incredibly hard to get into this game, but for the life of me I cannot get past like 20 hours of gameplay.

That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game, is it your fault? Resident Evil 7 was one of my favorite games last year, and I think I played it for 12 hours. It took me 11 hours to beat Bioshock Infinite yet it loomed plenty large. I love a game I can get lost in for a hundred hours as much as the next guy, but if it's NOT that game for me I'd much prefer an economical 10-20 hour campaign and then I can decide if I want to go crazy and play it forever. I've put at least 25 hours into the new RE2, but spread across various campaigns.

My post our worse
Griffith said:
(totally regret not getting RE2 on PC for that reason and will only buy PS4 exclusives on PS4

I'm thinking about doing that as well Mainly because Pc has a lot of deals for games and can run those games better; I kinda wish exclusives weren't a thing I want to play the last of us 2/uncharted 4 with maxed out settings :judo:

Johnstantine said:
I have tried so incredibly hard to get into this game, but for the life of me I cannot get past like 20 hours of gameplay.
Griffith said:
That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game,

Well, I hope cyberpunk 2077 doesn't give you guys a bad experience as the Witcher 3 did.

Johnstantine

Skibbidy Boo Bop
Griffith said:
That's more than the 45 minutes I gave it! To be fair, the game probably only actually let me play for 10 minutes and it was shitty tutorials, so there's lots of blame to go around. I mean, if you have to put in 20 hours just to get into a game, is it your fault? Resident Evil 7 was one of my favorite games last year, and I think I played it for 12 hours. It took me 11 hours to beat Bioshock Infinite yet it loomed plenty large. I love a game I can get lost in for a hundred hours as much as the next guy, but if it's NOT that game for me I'd much prefer an economical 10-20 hour campaign and then I can decide if I want to go crazy and play it forever. I've put at least 25 hours into the new RE2, but spread across various campaigns.

At the time, I didn't have anything else on my radar so I decided to give it more than my usual allotment. The combat was weak, but I was interested in the story. All of the sudden, though, I just stopped caring.

My post our worse
Decided not to get Witcher 3 instead I got Max Payne 3, and Rainbow six siege standard edition. Also, the deal might still be going on for a short while so to those that have not got anything yet you still have an opening.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PS4 owners: A bunch of Ubi games on sale digitally on Sony's store: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-UBIPUBSALE/1

Including: AC Origins for $25, Odyssey for $35, and Ezio Collection for $15 (Griff!)

Griffith

I signed up for the Microsoft PC Game Pass since I already have an account and its just $1 for the first month, and we'll see if it's worth it beyond that.

Some more details, and if all the games listed here are readily available, it may very well be more than worth it:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/byisci/xbox_game_pass_for_pc_games_showing_on_microsoft/ said:
  • Halo MCC;
  • We Happy Few;
  • Forza Horizon 4;
  • Sea of Thieves;
  • Moonlighter;
  • Gears of War 4;
  • Operencia: The Stolen Sun;
  • Rise of Nations;
  • State of Decay 2;
  • Rush: A Disney Adventure;
  • Astroneer;
  • Sunset Overdrive;
  • Gear of War: Ultimate Edition;
  • ReCore;
  • Ori and the Blind Forest;
  • Halo Spartan Assault;
  • Halo Spartan Strike;
  • Samorost 3;
  • SteamWorld Dig 2;
  • Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate;
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider;
  • Mutant Year Zero;
  • Superhot;
  • Crackdown 3;
  • Tacoma;
  • Bridge Constructor Portal;
  • Ark Survival Evolved;
  • Hello Neighbor;
  • Halo Wars 2;
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice;
  • Disneyland Adventures;
  • Everspace;
  • Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite;
  • Wargroove;
  • Thimbleweed Park;
  • Battle Chasers: Nightwar;
  • Tyranny ;
  • Shenmue I & II;
  • Broforce;
  • The Flame in the Flood;
  • Battlefleet Gothic: Armada;
  • Into the Breach;
  • Football Manager 2019;
  • Opus Magnum;
  • Metro Exodus;
  • FEZ;
  • Wolfenstein II;
  • The Stillness of the Wind;
  • Void Bastards;
  • Brother: A tale of Two Sons;
  • Hollow Knight;
  • Bomber Crew;
  • Hotline Miami;
  • Supermaker Shiek;
  • Riverbond;
  • Battle Chef Brigade;
  • Smoke and Sacrifice;
  • CrossCode;
  • Valkyria Chronicles;
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You;
  • Wandersong;
  • The Surge;
  • The Banner Saga 2;
  • The Messenger;
  • Sinner;
  • Hatoful Boyfriend;
  • Wizard of Legend;
  • Slay the Spire;
  • West of Loathing;
  • Pony Island;
  • Mud Runner;
  • The Banner Saga;
  • Clustertruck;
  • Vampyr.

Griffith

That is a stellar lineup

Yep, here's the whole thing:

I'm trying to fire up Sea of Thieves now. I wish I hadn't bought so many of these on sale already, but if they keep updating it with AAA titles and indies I'm interested in, but not enough to buy at launch/full price, this could continue to be very cool.

Last edited:

Griffith

Is the PC app working for you, Griffith? Mine says it's not ready.

Hmmm, I'm able to download but haven't I'll tried launching. I'll let you know.

Update: Yeah, I was able to download and launch Hello Neighbor.

Another update: Okay, now it's not letting me install new games. Maybe I need to restart the program unless we're limited to how many we can have at once.

Last edited:

Griffith

If you've been waiting for years to complete your Mass Effect collection because you refused to pay exorbitant prices for DLC for years old games, the Mass Effect 2 & 3 DLC bundles are on sale for about $10 bucks each right now on Origin, among other deals on Star Wars (Battlefront II Celebration Edition for $23), etc. Sale ends tomorrow.

Griffith

Sony cares deeply about the responsibility they've taken to entertain us when we need it more than ever by providing us a transcendent Naughty Dog game experience, The L...Nathan Drake Collection! Also, Journey, which I didn't already have so appreciate. The Uncharted collection is a great giveaway though, for Uncharted 2 alone. Hopefully this is just the beginning of their Last of Us 2 apology tour until such a time they can once again gouge us to the max with overpriced special editions containing 99 Cent Store quality novelties for hundreds of dollars, "In addition to a physical copy of the game on three blu rays, you get a t-shirt and mesh tote bag you can re-use for groceries with the logo of a fictional corporation screen printed on them, for only $199.99!" BUY! BUY! BUY!

Ok, this post is done, get the free games. =)

Griffith

I fired up Elden Ring the other day to find Sony had officially launched their new & improved PS+, which basically combines PS+ with PS Now plus even more games as a would-be competitor to Microsoft's Game Pass. I was pleased to download about a dozen new games I'm going to be playing Elden Ring instead of, but here's the complete list of like 800 titles if anyone is interested:

There's some pretty desirable ones on there I'm interested in playing... unfortunately, I already paid for most of them!:shrug:

Top Bottom