Recent content by Dar_Klink

1. Dar_Klink

The New Picture Thread

Saying "Congrats!!!" here too my buddies!
  2. Dar_Klink

Akira Toriyama passes away at age 68

If there's any creator that expanded my world view and love of the medium of manga/anime as much as Miura and video games as much as the FF series did, it was Toriyama. Playing Dragon Quest with my dad as a kid on NES was a major formative experience for me, hating "That stupid show about the...
  3. Dar_Klink

What are you watching? (television thread)

The avatar might give it away :troll: I love the manga and have really liked what I've watched of the anime so far, the art style and direction are superb, Osamu Dezaki is one of the best. The very thick lines and sketchy/dirty looking texture everything has gives it such a gritty feel. Joe's...
  4. Dar_Klink

I watched the first season with a big fan of the series but we fell off during S2 because of the impending sense of "damn this never finished." I need to go back and finish it myself Also, watching Pluto on Netflix. Real fucking good, so glad they actually got this made and that it's actually...
  5. Dar_Klink

What Are You Playing?

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I just finished it the other day and while there were some gripes I had here and there I loved the experience. I'd say my expectations were exceeded in regards to the music, atmosphere, worldbuilding, and boss fight presentation and they were met when it came to the...
  6. Dar_Klink

What Are You Playing?

Final Fantasy 16 is good :)
  7. Dar_Klink

What are you reading?

What's funny is I read through the New Sun original series and Urth as my main big reads about a year ago and then about a week before Cormac McCarthy died I started to read No Country for Old Men on a whim, which I had seen the movie of years ago and wanted to re-experience in its original form...
  8. Dar_Klink

2019 was 1 year ago, 2016 was 2 years ago, 2011 was 5 years ago... right?

2019 was 1 year ago, 2016 was 2 years ago, 2011 was 5 years ago... right?
  9. Dar_Klink

Yes! I was lucky enough to actually get him to sign an art book of his with a lot of those...

Yes! I was lucky enough to actually get him to sign an art book of his with a lot of those drawings at a convention recently. The Last Guardian thing is a bit of a joke because I spent the last decade+ here saying "When are we getting Last Guardian?" every E3 on the forum haha.
  10. Dar_Klink

Games to look forward to!

It took me a few years to play Sekiro but I really loved it. Hope you enjoy and remember that you HAVE to parry or the game just doesn't work lol I'm excited for it but also might try out RE4 since that's out now. Also FFXVI and Breath of the Wild 2 which I haven't felt an extreme amount of...
  11. Dar_Klink

Love all of those although I've never watched all of Animatrix, I really should. Great movie and even greater manga. You should check out Roujin Z as well, really interesting story by Otomo similar to the Memories shorts in some ways. It's about a future prototype AI bed for senior citizens...
  12. Dar_Klink

What Are You Playing?

Hope you enjoy, favorite game I played on PS5... okay that's not a huge number but the game is great.
  13. Dar_Klink

Excited for you guys. Maybe you could see the Slam Dunk movie while you're there lol

Excited for you guys. Maybe you could see the Slam Dunk movie while you're there lol
  14. Dar_Klink

What's your game of the year?

Hehe got me! Maybe I should investigate that cave.... I liked what I played of it a lot but I didn't get extremely far, IRL circumstances sort of soured it and got me to stop playing at the time, so I need to experience it fresh I think. DS3 did this to me as well, I played all the way til I...
  15. Dar_Klink

What's your game of the year?

I think the dynamic world where NPCs can die/move/disappear based on where you explore doesn't work as well when it's so large, I never ran into Patches once, never ran into Rya before getting to Volcano Manor, and a few other things like that. I'm not sure how they'd do it better exactly and I...
Top Bottom