Victor
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 1/3 Yesterday me and my brother-in-law got really drunk as I poured my heart out to him about Miura's passing. He hasn't read Berserk yet but knows how highly I regard it and how much it means to me. Something that came out of our talk is how the truly formidable artists and heroes can die before completing their great act, and how in a sombre way, it might be a more profound ending to their legendary effort.

Of course, If I were to choose between this reality and one in which Miura-sensei gets to hatch the last pages of his great story and then go on to create even more, I wouldn't think twice about it; but as things stand, I'd like to entertain the idea that there is at least something right or meaningful in how everything ended. I want to think of him as someone whose art preceded him until the last moment, and that's what he will undisputably be remembered by.
    Victor
    Victor
    2/3 I'm still not sure if any of this sounds genuine, I want to find a balance between choosing my words with care and consideration and being as honest as I can about how I feel, without my usual tendency for pretentiousness and overthinking that I often let too loose on the forum.

I've read a lot of sincere confessions from the people here about what Berserk means to them, and I find part of myself in most. We all know deep in our hearts that Berserk is the best story to ever come from the human spirit, and its importance to the world is yet to be fully realized. I feel like it's not necessary to put it into words, as it's something anyone who was touched by this story understands clearly, yet I still want to say something about it.
    Victor
    Victor
    3/3 There is still a feeling of physical sadness I'm stuck with, and aside from reflecting on Berserk and the new melancholic shade it has gained for me now that its creator is gone, I'm also wondering how I will adjust to daily life without being able to look forward to it anymore. The moment there would be no more Berserk was bound to come one day, but I had hoped it would come at a time when I was more prepared for it.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Top Bottom