Bloodborne

O

Obscure

Guess I'll just make a new topic for this. A new leak has recently surfaced from 4chan (so take it with a grain of salt), suggesting that From Software is already in the works of making a new Souls game exclusively for PS4. I expect we will see and hear more soon, seeing as E3 is upon us.

Leaked pictures: http://ps4daily.com/2014/05/project-beast-leak/

Project-Beast-1.png

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Re: Spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, “Project Beast”.

Obscure said:
exclusively for PS4.

Is its reported limited availability what makes it a true spiritual successor to Demon's Souls as opposed to Dark Souls?

In any case, it looks cool (Dark Souls with guns!), and if I was going to purchase a new console it would have been a PS4 anyway, but... I hate arbitrary exclusives. At least when I don't own the console they're on. =)

O

Obscure

Griffith said:
Is its reported limited availability what makes it a true spiritual successor to Demon's Souls as opposed to Dark Souls?
I believe that reporters are making this assumption because Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP, hence why it's going to be a PS4 exclusive.

Griffith

Obscure said:
I believe that reporters are making this assumption because Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP, hence why it's going to be a PS4 exclusive.

So, why don't they call it Dark Souls 3 or Beast Souls? =)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I can't imagine From would go exclusive again... But if I were to buy a console, it'd be a PS4 anyway.

Honestly, it looks a little too similar to the Souls series for me to be too excited right now. I'm hoping for more than simply more of the same for their next big project.

A new game combining their heritage of Armored Core and Souls would be neat. Or something entirely new.

Given the timing of it, an E3 reveal seems likely, assuming it's legit of course.

O

Obscure

Griffith said:
True, it might as well be a brand new IP. The screenshots look like it could be another game set in a Demon's Souls or Dark Souls universe. I only hope that Hidetaka Miyazaki will come back as director for the game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Griffith said:

Or even just Demon's Souls 2, if that's the supposed link. But really, if it's an exclusive then I'm going to guess it's only got to do with a big fat cheque. =)

Obscure said:
I only hope that Hidetaka Miyazaki will come back as director for the game.

I would imagine that this is the project he's been working on.

MASTER-AMIR

Guts The Black Swordsman

I think something between h&s and rpg whatever it is going to be interesting
but i like to be demon souls 2

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

Obscure said:
I only hope that Hidetaka Miyazaki will come back as director for the game.
I don't think anything has been officially announced, but it seems likely, and the 'net appears to have accept Project Beast as his latest endeavor. I look forward to what info comes out about this at E3.

Griffith

Aazealh said:
Or even just Demon's Souls 2, if that's the supposed link. But really, if it's an exclusive then I'm going to guess it's only got to do with a big fat cheque. =)

Of course, whatever they call it, that's the only reason to make it an exclusive. Using the Demon's Souls name would just be a plus.

Does kind of irk me when people say "I'm still waiting Demon's Souls 2!"

Dark Souls was, for all intents and purposes, the successor to that game. They simply rebranded it because of legalities. People seem to act like the Souls franchise was taken over by a new developer or something.

Griffith

Doc said:
Does kind of irk me when people say "I'm still waiting Demon's Souls 2!"

Dark Souls was, for all intents and purposes, the successor to that game. They simply rebranded it because of legalities. People seem to act like the Souls franchise was taken over by a new developer or something.

People are idiots, but on the above topic...

Dar Klink said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

Clips that those screenshots came from.

So, is this the true successor to Dark Souls? =)

Also, I had a total One Winged Angel flashback.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Dar Klink said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0YvHBxv-3Y

Clips that those screenshots came from.

Thanks for sharing. Not sure I care about more Dark Souls at the moment. I'd prefer From Soft went on to something fresh, honestly. I had about the same reaction to this as if BioWare showed off a trailer for Mass Effect 4.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

I see far more in common with the Souls franchise than anything else. A gun doesn't shift that for me.

O

Obscure

Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYyJtyLf0o

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Obscure said:
Bloodborne: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfYyJtyLf0o

Couldn't be any happier that it's NOT another Souls game. And it's of course Miyazaki's next project. Very promising.

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword

I'm very intrigued. I really like the setting even more than I did before. Wonder if they'll reveal anymore at TGS.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying

Really cool looking but I wanted more gameplay footage! Also a The Last Guardian trailer or something... :judo: :sad: :judo: :sad: :mozgus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Walter said:
Couldn't be any happier that it's NOT another Souls game. And it's of course Miyazaki's next project. Very promising.

To be honest this doesn't strike me as being very different from a Souls game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Aazealh said:
To be honest this doesn't strike me as being very different from a Souls game.

Agreed, but it's different enough that it doesn't share the name. So I trust they have something different planned for it.

But uh....

"According to the trailer's YouTube description, Bloodborne takes place "in the ancient city of Yharnam." Inflicted with a spreading, cursed illness, it's filled with death and madness. Your job: discover its secrets and survive."

:carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Walter said:
"According to the trailer's YouTube description, Bloodborne takes place "in the ancient city of Yharnam." Inflicted with a spreading, cursed illness, it's filled with death and madness. Your job: discover its secrets and survive."

Hahaha, well it still looked cool, so I'm looking forward to it.

Dark Souls 2 was a good game but by no means was it anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. Having Miyazaki back is great, he really puts some soul into the games :troll:

Miyazaki Quote inside of this Kotaku excerpt
Dark Souls 2 is a great game by any measure, but it was missing one thing that Souls' creator Hidetaka Miyazaki does perhaps better than anyone else: majesty. In his words, "refinement, elegance and dignity". When one of his designers handed him a design swarming with maggots for Dark Souls' Undead Dragon during that game's development, he handed it back and said "This isn't dignified. Don't rely on the gross factor to portray an undead dragon. Can't you instead try to convey the deep sorrow of a magnificent beast doomed to a slow and possibly endless descent into ruin?".

http://kotaku.com/bloodborne-is-so-much-like-a-souls-game-its-spooky-1589470022

Top Bottom