Detroit : Become Human |They'll Fix You. They Fix Everything|

Aazealh said:
So, VengeanceQuest982, what did you think of the trailer?

...I thought that it reminded me of a quarter dozen cyborg/robot uprisings rooted in countless scifi novels that we have already seen translated to film and tv format. For me to make an honest assessment of the games story we would need to see further trailers and we'll be waiting until the 2016 game conferences for that. But to answer you're question Aazealh it looks to be a very promising game whose world I can't wait to explore. And their is one other thing I know for sure we are in no short supply of cyberpunk titles.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A quarter dozen? So like, three? :???:
Anyway, I take it that you mean it's not very original? Personally I'm always wary of Cage's stuff. I hope this one delivers on its promises.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Ever since I read Asimov novels as a kid, I've ben a sucker for robots emulating human behavior, and that whole genre of AI struggling to find a place in human society. So, I don't particularly care that it's tried and true territory, this looks cool to me. That being said, Cage's games have never resonated with me, so it's unlikely that I'll ever play it, particularly if it never comes to PC.

I thought the chick playing Kara did a good performance.

Aazealh said:
Personally I'm always wary of Cage's stuff. I hope this one delivers on its promises.

Walter said:
Ever since I read Asimov novels as a kid, I've ben a sucker for robots emulating human behavior, and that whole genre of AI struggling to find a place in human society. So, I don't particularly care that it's tried and true territory, this looks cool to me. That being said, Cage's games have never resonated with me, so it's unlikely that I'll ever play it, particularly if it never comes to PC.

I thought the chick playing Kara did a good performance.

Aazealh and Walter I hope that I read your two posts right before answering.

...If I am not mistaken in what you are both implying and I hope you'll excuse me for saying so as I've never read any of your posts on the subject of (Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls) is that the reason David Cage's games have never gelled with you two is because of the writing and how he promotes them.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
VengeanceQuest982 said:
...If I am not mistaken in what you are both implying and I hope you'll excuse me for saying so as I've never read any of your posts on the subject of (Heavy Rain or Beyond Two Souls) is that the reason David Cage's games have never gelled with you two is because of the writing and how he promotes them.

Cage is a pretentious blowhard, but I have been able to enjoy most of Quantic Dream's games. It's just that they tend to underdeliver in my opinion.

Top Bottom