Digitally Distributed PC games ON SALE Thread

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Walter said:
Is it really started? Nothing special loads for me when I check the page. Though indeed, the above games are on sale. It's just not a BLOWOUT like their sales normally are. Nothing on my wishlist is on sale :judo:

Yeah, there's no more on sale than usual, "spooky" franchises I checked weren't on sale, and it's like the Bioshock deal is something completely different. I saw it in my news feed for a game, maybe it was referring to last year because it certainly seems like nothing started yet.

Griffith

http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/09/steam-halloween-sale/

I guess the Halloween sale actually starts tomorrow, the news item I saw before was indeed old. Still, all the Bioshocks for $12 is a good stopgap until then.

Aazealh said:
GOG's where it's at with their Lucasart classics. X-Wing & Tie Fighter, Indiania Jones, Sam & Max...

That's some good stuff indeed, they just need Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle now. As I've mentioned I did get slightly singed by GoG on Fallout 1 though, but maybe they've rectified that and I can get the extra sadistic American versions (though I've read there's simply no kids in any digital version available).

Speaking of classics, Crusader: No Remorse is available free right now. The only cost is you have to install Origin, which might be too steep a price.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/09/steam-halloween-sale/

I guess the Halloween sale actually starts tomorrow, the news item I saw before was indeed old. Still, all the Bioshocks for $12 is a good stopgap until then.

And after this, there's the Thanksgiving sale. Then the big one after Christmas. I've got 44 games on my wish list currently. I'd like to cut that in HALF by January. :carcus:

Speaking of classics, Crusader: No Remorse is available free right now. The only cost is you have to install Origin, which might be too steep a price.

Awesome game, full of style and personality.

Griffith

Walter said:
And after this, there's the Thanksgiving sale. Then the big one after Christmas. I've got 44 games on my wish list currently. I'd like to cut that in HALF by January. :carcus:

Wow, now shouldn't you finish all the games you already have first? :iva: Kidding aside, I've been inspired to actually use the wishlist feature since I do have a mental list of various games I want to procure. I can't decide whether to allow ones I've ever played before (like Fallout 3, Resident Evil 4) or to limit myself to fresh meat.

Walter said:
Awesome game, full of style and personality.

And a fittingly titled sequel, Crusader: No Regret. :ganishka:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
Wow, now shouldn't you finish all the games you already have first? :iva:

I'm so far beyond practicality at this point, I may as well just own it all. :daiba:

In all seriousness, there are just 3-4 titles I plan to buy definitively this season: Shadow Of Mordor, 1001 Spikes, Divinity: Original Sin and maaaaaybe Legend of Grimrock 2, since I'm a sucker.

Sale is live.

Highlights for the SKnet crowd are that Transistor (the Bastion team's new game) is $50% off; and Fallout 3 is just under $7. Looks like Alien: Isolation might also get a sale, though it's not listed yet. I say at most, 33% off.

Griffith

Walter said:
Fallout 3 is just under $7.

And that's the GOTY addition, you can get the regular version and all the Fallout games for $2.50 each, and a $7 classic bundle for 1, 2, and Tactics.

Anyway, I have Fallout 3 GOTY and Tactics downloading, but as for the rest of my wishlist I'm torn. Wasteland 2 and Alien: Isolation aren't on sale. RE5 ($9.99) isn't as cheap as I'd like, though RE6 is only $13.99 for a newer game I've never played (of course, it reputedly sucks). Somehow Resident Evil 4 is still $9.99 when I can get both Dead Space 1 & 2 for $8, but then I think, "Why am I buying games I've already played that I don't have time for now?" I may have to limit myself to never buying the same game twice or even one I've played before, no matter how beloved, or the collector in me will never stop until Steam's business model wins. There's even a time/cost analysis going on in my head saying if I really wanted to sink 50 hours into a game I wouldn't mind sinking $50 into it in the first place; as a matter of fact, I should (both to support those creators and to ensure my choices and time spent are meaningful, otherwise it's all so disposable). So, I'll keep perusing, but any chance those RE titles, particularly 6, come down more later in the year or is this going to be as good as it gets in 2014? (so much for worrying about disposability =) Fuck it, I'll get this instead: http://store.steampowered.com/app/245150/

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Griffith said:
So, I'll keep perusing, but any chance those RE titles, particularly 6, come down more later in the year or is this going to be as good as it gets in 2014? (so much for worrying about disposability =)

They probably won't get any lower than that this year. The Christmas sale isn't always about having the lowest prices, it's just that more titles are on sale. The absolute lowest prices games reach often happen on the other seasonal sales, which then reappear temporarily during the Christmas sale's 12 hour "flash" sales you have to be on-the-ball to snag.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You motherfuckers... Every Far Cry game for $10 this weekend on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/far_cry_weekend/

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
You motherfuckers... Every Far Cry game for $10 this weekend on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/far_cry_weekend/

...Tempting. I only miss Far Cry 2 and 3 though, and I've got so much backlog...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
...Tempting. I only miss Far Cry 2 and 3 though, and I've got so much backlog...

Far Cry 3 by itself is almost as much as the bundle. And while Far Cry 2 was a blast back in 2008, I can't imagine ever going back to it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Steam's Thanksgiving sale is in its second day. And since Dark Souls is on sale, you know what that means.

The first person to request it in the thread AND send me their Steam account name via PM gets a free copy of Dark Souls.

So far, I haven't bought anything for myself, and I really wonder if I will / should. Aaz and Griff both graciously gave me great birthday gifts (Dragon Age: Inquisition and Shadow of Mordor), so I've got my holiday gaming set. But if Divinity: Original Sin goes below $25, I'll probably grab that.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
ENCORE! Quote this post, PM me your steam account and Dark Souls is yours. One only. First come, first served.

Griffith

On sale on Steam until 10am tomorrow:

Wasteland 2 $26.79

Alien: Isolation $24.99

Child of Light $5.99

The top two I'm quite interested in (and I got Skyrim cause it was $5), but I don't know if I have the time now anyway, so let me know if their worth plunge or should I wait til next year? They're already about 50% off, so I can't imagine I'll get a better deal any time soon unless they really pull out the stops at Christmas.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Steam's annual Holiday Sale is now LIVE and among the first games to be discounted is a new release on PC: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. It's $13.99 today, and Dark Souls II can be had for about the same price.

Griffith

Alien: Isolation is $12.49 this weekend. I may still hold out since the DLC is actually worth something.

Top Bottom