Hakusensha is opening a Berserk Café

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The flurry of Berserk-related events just keeps going. The latest thing: Hakusensha is opening an ephemeral Berserk-themed Café in Awajicho (Chiyoda), Tokyo. Walter posted about it in the chat, but I think it bears documenting with a thread.

The official name for it is ベルセルクカフェ, simply meaning Berserk Café. It will be opened from October 7, 2022 to November 20, 2022.

berserkcafe-splashpage.png

In truth, it's not strictly speaking a Berserk Café, but rather the latest theme for a new Hakusensha-operated establishment that they're calling "My Charaful Cafe". Its purpose is to highlight various series published by Hakusensha. They seem to have acquired it in the second quarter of 2022. In July it was themed after Yona of the Dawn, another popular series that's serialized in Hana to Yume.

It's located across the street from Hakusensha's offices, at the Yuzumi Awajicho Building, located at 1-4-1 Awajicho. It's in the basement (1st floor), accessible by stairs from the street, so not exactly a premium location.

This is the entrance viewed from the street in March 2022, before Hakusensha bought the place:

Location-Outside.jpg

Opening hours will be from 11:00 to 20:00, with five slots of 80 minutes each.

① 11:00~12:20(Last order must be placed before 11:50)
② 12:50~14:10(Last order must be placed before 13:40)
③ 15:00~16:20(Last order must be placed before 15:50)
④ 16:50~18:10(Last order must be placed before 17:40)
⑤ 18:40~20:00(Last order must be placed before 19:30)

You need to get reservations online in advance (first come, first serve) or you can try your luck at the entrance and see if there's an open slot after a cancellation.

Official website: https://berserk.hakusensha-cafe.com
Twitter account: https://twitter.com/berserk_cafe

For now there isn't any information yet about the food and drinks they'll offer or the merchandise you'll be able to buy, but I'll add them to the thread as they're revealed.

They've published information about the menu, gifts and merchandise that will be availble.
Some items of the menu seem very distasteful to me (no pun intended). Like the one representing Griffith standing on top of a pile of corpses.
I understand it's supposed to be very tongue-in-cheek, and clearly I'm not the target audience, but it just doesn't feel right.

Asides from that, the shirt designs and other merchandise look very uninspired and overall low-effort to me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The beherit glass is cute. I'd get one and exclusively drink red Kool-Aid in it. Also, wow what a find—an unseen painting. It really makes you wonder how many others there are out there that we've never seen. This one in particular would have made for a much more memorable and appropriate cover for Volume 11 than the one we got. If you don't remember that cover, I don't blame you.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Asides from that, the shirt designs and other merchandise look very uninspired and overall low-effort to me.

They're not offering shirts, but yeah the merch is very hit and miss. Basically I'm only interested in the reproductions myself. The acrylic coasters look nice, but I don't use coasters at home and that's not exactly a great thing to collect...

Beelzebud

[...] Into the abyss will I run [...]
The beherit glass is cute. I'd get one and exclusively drink red Kool-Aid in it.
Hahaha I agree, but the first thing that come to my mind when I see it, was to fill't with a red candle and use as a home ornament.

Basically I'm only interested in the reproductions myself.
I don't know japanese, so I don't get if all the 52 arts that appear on the menu are real painting reproductions or "just" the 14 on the bottom. Only curiosity btw, since I don't have a way to buy anything :shrug:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know japanese, so I don't get if all the 52 arts that appear on the menu are real painting reproductions or "just" the 14 on the bottom. Only curiosity btw, since I don't have a way to buy anything

Sorry, forgot to reply to you. It's only the 14 items at the bottom. Other than that there's a "metallic poster", acrylic coasters and badges. Nothing exceptional.

Top Bottom