How many times have you read Berserk and other questions

Hello everyone, I had an idea for a thread, where we'd basically go over how many times each of us has read berserk, and also were we able to remember things like names, who did what, why something is important, etc. In my own head everything seems jumbled, I don't know when precisely things happen(only roughly, like say...Guts rides Zodd in volume 32, or id sometimes remember whether it happened early in the volume or later in the volume but thats as accurate as it is).

I've read Berserk in its entirety only twice in my 8 years of being a fan, I find it difficult to consume so much content, do you know a way I could get more information about events and characters without having to read the entire thing? Perhaps using notes? I've never really thought of it. :ganishka:
Now that I'm close to finishing my berserk deluxe collection, in the near future I might do another entirety re-read of the manga. So I'd like some tips for when that happens.

I am looking forward to hear your stories! Thank you in advance.:guts:

and finally a panel so my post looks better:
good_photo.jpg

I reread berserk alot for speculation purposes,to see what i missed and important details it always helps cause theres always something i miss.

You could allocate a month or two for an arc by arc basis. Wouldn't that help in re-reading the manga?
idk I'm trynna find a way to absorb everything and I think if I did arc month by month I'd forget everything

maybe read really slowly, but at a constant pace

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Most of my regular exposure to the series comes from reading an episode or a volume at a time. When I open a book to check something, I'll often read the whole thing. If I could count all of those times up over 23+ years... I dunno, just a guess—hundreds of times? As for straight read throughs from start to "finish," I've only done that a few times, 5 or so.

In my own head everything seems jumbled, I don't know when precisely things happen(only roughly, like say...Guts rides Zodd in volume 32, or id sometimes remember whether it happened early in the volume or later in the volume but thats as accurate as it is
That's perfectly fine. I think it's useful to know events to volume number for the sake of carrying a conversation, but I don't know like page numbers or anything. I can recall a ton of specific episode number stuff for the big events, just from being there for each episode for most of the series.

I've read Berserk in its entirety only twice in my 8 years of being a fan, I find it difficult to consume so much content, do you know a way I could get more information about events and characters without having to read the entire thing?

As a massive serialized work, I don't think it's really designed to be read in short succession. It's meant to be read over a long period of time.

Now that I'm close to finishing my berserk deluxe collection, in the near future I might do another entirety re-read of the manga. So I'd like some tips for when that happens.

Well, if it were me, I'd take notes of things that stuck out to you in re-reading. Something you didn't notice before or you think might be connected to a future event. There are tons of little moments that will hit you differently now that you're all caught up. For example, there's a guy in Vol 18 talking about how the Falcon will unify humanity into one nation—5 years before the first mention of Falconia as a chapter title, and 10 years before Falconia appeared. That's an egregious example of when Miura foreshadows events, but there are lot of them over the series.

Parkus

Keep pushing no matter what
I've only actually reread the series twice, I usually just go back to read parts like Guts vs Rosine, or Rickert slapping Griffith, all that stuff. The only parts of the manga I really remember clearly is the Eclipse+the aftermath, and the attack on Flora's mansion.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Ish, Ive read it entirely from beginning the "end" each times a volume comes out. And the around another time per year. So Im over 80 completed reread. (Doing it again for the reread thread even though I havent posted aboht vol 2 yet.)

So yeah Id say one to twice a year I reread everything.

I think it's really hard to fully read a work when I grow up. For Berserk, first I had to memorize names.I think it's really hard to fully read a work when I grow up. I came into contact with this work only this year and have seen it twice so far.But I think every time I read this work, I have a different idea.I'm almost 30 now, and I don't know if I've had a lot of experience. I want to read it in its entirety again in a few years. :chomp:

Ish, Ive read it entirely from beginning the "end" each times a volume comes out. And the around another time per year. So Im over 80 completed reread. (Doing it again for the reread thread even though I havent posted aboht vol 2 yet.)

So yeah Id say one to twice a year I reread everything.
sounds like what they do with the LOTR trilogy yearly re-watch

Top Bottom