Looking for an old interview in which Miura talks about "distancing" himself from his high school friends

I remember reading an interview years ago, where Miura talked about stepping away from his high school/ college social group (the same group he talks about in a lot of other interviews), because he wanted to concentrate more on his own life and define himself.

The detail stuck out to me because of how it parallels Guts stepping away from the band of hawk, but I can’t seem to find it.

Anyone know which interview this was from?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I remember reading an interview years ago, where Miura talked about stepping away from his high school/ college social group (the same group he talks about in a lot of other interviews), because he wanted to concentrate more on his own life and define himself.

The detail stuck out to me because of how it parallels Guts stepping away from the band of hawk, but I can’t seem to find it.

Anyone know which interview this was from?

Doesn't ring a bell. I think you may be misremembering it. He did lose contact with three of his high school friends (not with Mori, obviously), but that's more because they abandoned the idea of becoming mangaka while he stuck with it. And he started working as a professional mangaka right after finishing college, so at that time he just had to focus on his work in order to make it. He's described those early years as requiring a lot of work. See this shared interview with Wazarai for reference.

Top Bottom