Movies to dread

e1sFl3.png

Bless the Internet for this.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
The more I hear about the Borderlands film, the worse it sounds to me. Casting sounds wack and off. Kevin Hart, Cate Blanchett, and Jack Black are all reasons to drive me away from watching it. This also seems like a really odd time to be making the film as well, as we've passed its point of peak popularity. I guess I'll continue to replay the games instead.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Animal Crossing Horror Short Becoming a Feature Film from Hardcore Henry Director​

Hardcore Henry director Timur Bekmambetov is set to adapt Julian Terry's Animal Crossing horror short 'Don't Peek' into a full-length feature film.

According to Deadline, Terry is returning to direct the feature film adaptation of his horror short while Bekmambetov, who helmed Wanted and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, is set to adapt the story and produce the picture with Majd Nassif under Bekmambetov's production banner Bazelevs. Creative executive Pavel Bozhkov is also onboard to oversee the project.

Short of someone using a cursed monkey's paw, this isn't happening. At least get a better director.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Here's one more way I'd never want to see Berserk come back:

The Matrix: Resurrections

This looks like a rehash that's simply about its own existence but didn't bother to even fake a reanimating idea, like we're going to have to re-watch Neo's original arc all over again so we can be thrilled as he re-enacts the third act of the first movie. This REALLY looks meaningless and terrible, and it's just a trailer, but if you can't make it look good in the trailer...

At least the title is appropriately awful tribute to the franchise's 90's anime fetish. I like that they even made it plural for extra stupid points! All out, baby. "Back to the Matrix!" lol :ganishka:

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) is going to be bad. Also, this just points to how bad Netflix's reputation has become when they'll pick up the latest slop film: "As of August 2021, Legendary Pictures abandoned plans to release the film and opted to sell the rights to Netflix following a string of disastrous test screenings."

The IMDB trivia section is a goldmine for laughs at this movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11755740/trivia/?ref_=tt_trv_trv .

Dark Emperor

Dweller of the Lotus Moon
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2022) is going to be bad. Also, this just points to how bad Netflix's reputation has become when they'll pick up the latest slop film: "As of August 2021, Legendary Pictures abandoned plans to release the film and opted to sell the rights to Netflix following a string of disastrous test screenings."

The IMDB trivia section is a goldmine for laughs at this movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11755740/trivia/?ref_=tt_trv_trv .
Seeing how Netflix execs and show runners like to disrespect the properties they adapt, to me, Netflix adaptation of anything means “don’t watch.”

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Seeing how Netflix execs and show runners like to disrespect the properties they adapt, to me, Netflix adaptation of anything means “don’t watch.”
Honestly, it isn't totally Netflix's fault since they are the distributer for this movie. The movie (kind of a ripoff of Halloween 2018 since this is also a direct sequel to the original TCM) is made by Legendary Pictures. Netflix, however, didn't need to distribute this movie (though I will put this on during a slow day at work).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Well it's not like Hollywood studios generally swear by faithfulness...

Netflix, however, didn't need to distribute this movie (though I will put this on during a slow day at work).

Yeah, it'll likely just join the hundreds of bottom-of-the-barrel stuff they have in their catalog. Just because they bought it doesn't mean they paid a lot of money for it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, from a business standpoint, even if it sucks and the numbers are relatively pathetic this is something more people are going to watch in the aggregate than the Netflix original Chainsaw: Texas Massacre.

Top Bottom