My current Berserk Collection

Greetings everyone,
I'll post a brief introduction to myself first. I am 23 years old soon to be 24, I've been a Berserk fan for over 8 years now. I got into it over a friend by watching the 1997 anime then I couldn't contain myself and HAD to read the manga. I come from a very poor country, where Berserk is not available, even after all this time its still not available, still I intend to correct myself and support the author! Ive already purchased several volumes and intend to get it all. RIP Kentaro Miura. I was very sad when he passed away, I shed some tears.
I don't know if this is the correct sub-forum for this but I wanted to show you my current collection of Berserk, and my plans on collecting the rest.
IMG_20230227_164130.jpg
IMG_20230227_164851.jpg
IMG_20230227_164859.jpg
My current goal is to obtain all 13 Deluxe editions so I can read it in full physically. I know of the many issues with the Deluxe edition, but still, it is relatively cheap right now, on a discount on book depository and I want to own it and read it and enjoy it. Speaking of which, how long do you think the deluxe can hold out, durability wise? I hope its a stable type of book

what's wrong with the deluxe editions?
everything.
No really. If you don't believe me there is even a thread on this forum that sheds light on countless issues it has!
But moreover I've been personally affected by the poor quality control, my volume 1 has a very slight imprint of the brand that looks nothing like the quality version and it all just seems like they made a downgrade. sucks! I might consider re-buying it for the more quality one if possible

Last edited:
IMG_20230314_100913.jpg

IMG_20230314_100902.jpg

IMG_20230314_104057.jpg
so right off the bat, clearly my first volume was a ripoff, it looks nothing like volume 2, funny thing is vol 1 costed me more than vol 2, by a lot...cant trust amazon sellers..but more importantly I got volume 2 now and i ordered the third
can you imagine the collectors never even opening the book and checking if there are issues with it? Lmao they got it all wrapped on their shelves not knowing they got a broken mess :ganishka:Would this bother any of you? It doesn't bother me tbh

Last edited:
IMG_20230908_182322.jpg

Here's an update, I've got myself vol 1-41 in japanese, because it was on Ebay for an excellent price. I also sold all my deluxes. Didn't have room for them nor will to move(when needed), also theyre a darkhorse release, you probably already know why I'm not a fan of those. Since I bought this new collection as a whole package now I have 2 pieces of vol 2-4 and 3 pieces of volume 1 - all in japanese, because I already had first few volumes and bought an additional vol 1 NEW because I thought itd have whiter pages but they were also yellow lol

Nice collection!
Can you read Japanese? I at one point considered getting some Japanese volumes for the better scanning and printing quality but for me at least it's not worth collecting without text I can understand.

Maybe another topic but how does everyone else read/use Puellas episode translations? I find it great for getting specifics or intent right (and when there was a new episode!) but when I rearead the series I don't enjoy switching between computer monitor and book for every speech bubble. Dark Horse may have to release an Ultimate Deluxe Edition with Puella's translation :iva:

Do you look from monitor to book during rereads or how do you deal with her translation not being on page?
I mainly use it for reading specific episodes and new releases but not for rereading full volumes. I thought about printing her translation on paper for not having to switch between book and monitor. I'm thinking about how to bridge the gap of not having her translation on the manga pages.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Do you look from monitor to book during rereads or how do you deal with her translation not being on page?
I mainly use it for reading specific episodes and new releases but not for rereading full volumes. I thought about printing her translation on paper for not having to switch between book and monitor. I'm thinking about how to bridge the gap of not having her translation on the manga pages.

Well I've done variations of all that over the years. These days I tend to read the manga directly on my computer using Hakusensha's web reader.

Nice collection!
Can you read Japanese? I at one point considered getting some Japanese volumes for the better scanning and printing quality but for me at least it's not worth collecting without text I can understand.

Maybe another topic but how does everyone else read/use Puellas episode translations? I find it great for getting specifics or intent right (and when there was a new episode!) but when I rearead the series I don't enjoy switching between computer monitor and book for every speech bubble. Dark Horse may have to release an Ultimate Deluxe Edition with Puella's translation :iva:
I learned a few things, but overall no I still cannot read it, but I bought it for the art anyway, I love the japanese singles, I think they're much better than darkhorse's, they seem sturdier.

IMG_20231211_105336.jpg

This Ebay shop/seller sent this along with volume 42 ^^ What a lovely thing to do, but I will say I did not expect to pay an extra 4,50 to my postman...I guess things are all around getting even more expensive! Anyway, I'm going to ravage this volume now

There was a guy in my town, selling his Berserk Set(he had a flood of sorts, making him decide to get rid of all his manga books). So I picked it all up. He also had a Japanese Illustrations File, and sold it to me for a really good price. So here's the latest with my collectiong I guess :sweatdrop: I feel fulfilled like never before. I dreamt of this moment, I know I criticized Darkhorse's release heavily, and I still believe they're lacking in a lot of things, but regardless having it in physical format in which I can actually read it all...theres no better feeling :daiba: I feel like I accomplished a lifelong goal I set out. I can now do everything else, I can now enjoy life, in a brand new light. Enjoy the pictures I've taken below.
IMG_20240101_110728.jpg

IMG_20240101_111008.jpg

IMG_20240101_111709.jpg

IMG_20240101_111735.jpg

IMG_20240101_150437.jpg

Don't be too sure, collections often seem to not stay complete for long. :slan:
Are you fond of what I got thus far tho? And ofc there's couple things that are still coming. But with miura done idk if there'll really be any more content.

Chapter 1 original YA issue would be cool to have, imagine having that?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Have you made a video showing it? Can I see it?
I wonder what they're like but it's fine if you don't wanna

Pretty sure I posted pictures of one on Patreon, no video though. I'm ashamed to admit it but my collection has only gotten more disorderly over the years. It makes it a hassle to pull out specific issues since I typically have no idea where they are. Alright, I'm making it one of my 2024 goals to finally reorganize it properly.

Top Bottom