Prime 1 launches a Berserk line

The Berserk update starts at 3 hours 4 minutes, but hop over to 3 hours 16 mins 45 seconds to what I think is their best project in the Berserk line. I saw an image of that statue being posted online yesterday, but I thought it was just a "what a fan would want as a statue" sort of post, not thinking it was official and from Prime1. Thanks to DirectDK for sharing it with me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Berserk update starts at 3 hours 4 minutes, but hop over to 3 hours 16 mins 45 seconds to what I think is their best project in the Berserk line. I saw an image of that statue being posted online yesterday, but I thought it was just a "what a fan would want as a statue" sort of post, not thinking it was official and from Prime1. Thanks to DirectDK for sharing it with me.

Oh, that's interesting, I'd also figured it was something a hobbyist made when I saw it yesterday. It's definitely an ambitious piece, what with having to render the faces in the capes. If they can resist the urge to overload the bases with random crap I'll be tempted to get it. :guts:

Oh, that's interesting, I'd also figured it was something a hobbyist made when I saw it yesterday. It's definitely an ambitious piece, what with having to render the faces in the capes. If they can resist the urge to overload the bases with random crap I'll be tempted to get it. :guts:
Yeah, those are the two I'm interested in. That artwork have always been one of my favourites.

Was wondering if this was Berserk related I'm assuming it is as prime 1 has a Berserk line and this statue does resemble the Berserk armour and it looks medieval.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Was wondering if this was Berserk related I'm assuming it is as prime 1 has a Berserk line and this statue does resemble the Berserk armour and it looks medieval.

That looks like a mash-up that's toeing the line of copyright infringement. I don't see any Berserk credit there and the video feels like it was designed to be as evocative as it could get (Eclipse, red lake) without requiring them to actually ask Hakusensha's permission. Pretty gross tactics to just sell another statue IMO.

Strange choice for the next statue but okay...? I would have preferred that they finish up with the main characters first such as Serpico and Farnese, there are so many other characters to choose from but they choose a Daka :shrug:
upmbr-19_a02.jpg
upmbr-19_a11.jpg
upmbr-19_a03.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Strange choice for the next statue but okay...? I would have preferred that they finish up with the main characters first such as Serpico and Farnese, there are so many other characters to choose from but they choose a Daka :shrug:

Haha, I completely agree on the characters, but at least the sculpt is pretty good, it's the right fucking color (never forget that AOW released a green one), and the name is spelled correctly. The only thing I'm ambivalent about is the pose with the weapon, because it looks like he's about to throw it like a spear and that's not how that weapon is used.

Anyone excited about p1 releasing its new Kentaro Miura legacy line? This line is using various miura artworks instead of prime1’s own concepts. So this might be for the many people that didn’t like the 1/4 line because of “busy bases” etc

What do y’all think?

Guts & Griffith 1/6 scale.

Birth of Femto (vol 12 cover) 1/4 scale

Guts & Casca eclipse ( vol 13 cover) 1/4 scale

We also got a slan on throne statue which is kinda meh.

Berserk starts at 1h 21min

Last edited:
Anyone excited about p1 releasing its new Kentaro Miura legacy line? This line is using various miura artworks instead of prime1’s own concepts. So this might be for the many people that didn’t like the 1/4 line because of “busy bases” etc

What do y’all think?

Berserk starts at 1h 21min

This looks really nice, and would be a good center piece for a collection, I really like it and I'll probably get this one. Depends how much it'll cost of course. .
12_nlsx3_legacy_art_berserk_guts_cassca_sp.jpg
The others are okay, the Guts and Griffith one is nice and we've seen it before but it looks strange from other angles. I like that they are creating statues based of Miura's Artworks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

I hadn't followed this news, so thanks for bringing it to our attention. I do like the idea of just reproducing his scenes, and I appreciate that the presenter showed appropriate reverence in the video.

What do y’all think?

- The one of Guts & Griffith is surprisingly nice looking given the bold effect of shows their faces in their capes. That said it's very disappointing that they stuck to their usual crappy likeness for Guts' face. They have one that Miura had consulted on that was much better (was sold as a special edition for a previous piece, forgot which), and they clearly should have gone for that if they're going to call this a legacy collection.

- The Femto one shows the best execution to me. Pretty much a must-buy if you like statues and want an iconic representation of the Eclipse.

- The one from volume 13's cover looks surprisingly good given how tough it is to create a diorama from that illustration, but I'm wary of it just being a 3D model for now, and some details are a little irksome, such as the "black sun" being a ball that protrudes from the scene, or Femto's silhouette being represented as such. Kind of shows that this specific illustration isn't a great choice for producing a statue.

Overall, I like the idea and I hope they're clever with the scenes they pick and go the extra mile in being faithful to the characters' likeness. Might actually get me to buy some of these statues even though I'm all out of place to display them (don't tell my wife). :sweatdrop:

Yeah that one is just puzzling. I'm guessing it's because they have a general "throne" line across all the IPs they work with, but it really feels uncharacteristic and unnecessary. If they had balls they would have done King Puck in Elfhelm. :iva:

- The one of Guts & Griffith is surprisingly nice looking given the bold effect of shows their faces in their capes. That said it's very disappointing that they stuck to their usual crappy likeness for Guts' face. They have one that Miura had consulted on that was much better (was sold as a special edition for a previous piece, forgot which), and they clearly should have gone for that if they're going to call this a legacy collection.
it’s a really nice piece, and as the only 1/6 scale statue of the ones they showed it’s great for berserk fans who don’t have space for a huge space-hogs like the rest of the p1 statues.
And I agree that they should have included the miura portrait that is included with both their 1/4 & 1/3 “berserker armor unleash” but that remains to be seen as this piece haven’t gone up for pre-order yet.
But Prime1 has been very lazy with updating the portraits for guts. They’ve been reusing the same portraits since the first guts statue they’ve only made minor changes to the sculpt. So I also think it would be the right decision to drop their “realistic” character portrayals for this legacy line and be more faithful to the actual art.

- The Femto one shows the best execution to me. Pretty much a must-buy if you like statues and want an iconic representation of the Eclipse.
Agree, it translates very good as a statue!

- The one from volume 13's cover looks surprisingly good given how tough it is to create a diorama from that illustration, but I'm wary of it just being a 3D model for now, and some details are a little irksome, such as the "black sun" being a ball that protrudes from the scene, or Femto's silhouette being represented as such. Kind of shows that this specific illustration isn't a great choice for producing a statue.
This is a very interesting choice with the statue being a perspective piece.
But I get that they picked this to pair with the Femto both being scenes from the eclipse and being 1/4 scale unlike the guts & Griffith diorama.
With that being said I can’t help to wonder how huge and pricey this Guts & Casca piece will be.

Yeah that one is just puzzling. I'm guessing it's because they have a general "throne" line across all the IPs they work with, but it really feels uncharacteristic and unnecessary. If they had balls they would have done King Puck in Elfhelm. :iva:
Such a weird choice for a berserk-throne statue. The obvious choice for me would have been a Ganishka on throne. But instead they went for the naked demon lady, they know what sells! :ganishka:

Top Bottom