Thoughts on Lost Children?

How do you like the Lost Children Chapter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I just think it would have been an easy thing for a manga of that era to do. A large part of FOTNS was Kenshiro traveling from place to place and fighting local gangs, or fighting the henchmen of the current antagonist, who are harassing the locals. Jojo, also from that era, even in its later iterations still does a "Stand battle of the week" formula until it is time to face off with the main antagonist. Heck, there is a popular series right now called "Demon Slayer" where the main character just fights X number of evil demon henchman until it becomes time to fight the big bad. Berserk easily could've gone the same way if Miura wasn't so creative. I don't mean to make too fine a point about this, I just think it speaks to how good of a writer Miura was.

Sure, I'm aware of how formulaic many manga are. That's why Berserk is the best! :iva:

There are many things that I love about the Lost Children chapter. I feel that it is a very strong start to the Conviction arc as well as being solid on its own. It serves as a transition point between Guts' "Black Swordsman" apostle hunts and his newfound resolve to protect Casca. Jill is one of my favorite one-off side characters in the series, with a close second being Vargas. Rosine is a unique villain that is both disturbing and empathetic. Puck also has some really great moments. Overall a solid story.

Top Bottom