What Are You Playing?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Look, you can't just say that. We needed a bulleted list with different fonts, maybe a ranking.

Today's Top Three:
1. Go
2. To
3. Hell!

:ganishka:

I'm playing Streets of Rage 4, while waiting for that other game that ends with a 4.

It's harder than I expected it to be!

It is and it's actually somewhat responsible for my arcade stick hobby/addiction. To play this and other arcade fighting games more authentically I got the cheapest PC arcade stick on Amazon... then proceeded to buy all the sticks that were more expensive one at a time. :sweatdrop:

It is and it's actually somewhat responsible for my arcade stick hobby/addiction. To play this and other arcade fighting games more authentically I got the cheapest PC arcade stick on Amazon... then proceeded to buy all the sticks that were more expensive one at a time. :sweatdrop:

I may need to get an arcade stick then, because it feels a little awkward with the controller (or maybe I just suck). I finished a run with that character who looks like MK's Jax, which may have contributed to the awkwardness, as he is bulky and heavy. I'm doing another run with a new character, the one who does spinning kicks like SF's Ryu. (I can't remember any of their names for some reason).

Speaking of names, I like that every enemy has one, though they do get repetitive; I beat up a Liu Kang wannabe named Francis three times in one stage. Also, they had an overweight guy called "Big Ben". A little on the nose lol.

The last stage is where I really struggled though, as it had quite the difficulty spike. I played on hard. And it has several more difficulty levels on top!

Last edited:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of names, I like that every enemy has one, though they so get repetitive; I beat up a Liu Kang wannabe named Francis three times in one stage. Also, they had an overweight guy called "Big Ben". A little on the nose lol.

My child, that's tradition for the series, and you'll be shocked to know that old Streets of Rage games (SoR2 specifically) actually had Berserk references in the enemy names. "Caska", "Griphis" (flying enemy), and even a mini-boss named "Veherits". All obvious despite being misspelled in English.

My child, that's tradition for the series, and you'll be shocked to know that old Streets of Rage games (SoR2 specifically) actually had Berserk references in the enemy names. "Caska", "Griphis" (flying enemy), and even a mini-boss named "Veherits". All obvious despite being misspelled in English.

Now that's definitely cool. I'll add this to the Berserk References thread when I get around to updating it!

So, Resident Evil 4...I'm going to comment my impressions as someone who didn't play the original obviously, and my comparisons will be mostly with RE2make than the original RE4, so here goes:

I'm enjoying it a lot so far. As far as core gameplay goes, this is the most satisfying out of the remakes. Shooting, parrying, melee, and just about doing anything physical feels very satisfying. Game is gorgeous (take notes, Dead Space, this is how you remake graphics), and runs smoothly with pretty much no bugs so far, as expected from Capcom. I like the stealth, basic as it is. It's nice to be able to just stab an enemies from behind and conserve ammo. The parrying was a surprise too; I wasn't expecting to use my Sekiro-taught skills here. All in all, it's a lot of fun.

I haven't progressed the story significantly. Yes, this is RE, so storytelling isn't expected to be anything special anyway. The game does seem to struggle with what it wants to be though. I mean, on one hand, it retains a lot of the goofy stuff from the original, the cheesy one-liners that even folks who haven't played it have heard about. On the other, it depicts Leon as this hardened survivor of Raccoon City. He seems more grim and serious here, which doesn't square well when he drops one of those silly lines. "Where'd everyone go, Bingo?" sounded kind of awkward here. Capcom is clearly trying to maintain the "seriousness" of the remake era, but not at the expense of pissing off the cult of RE4 by excluding the things they loved about the original.

Some aspects were better in RE2make, in my opinion. We have a health-bar here, instead of the pulse you see in the RE2, which I think worked better because, for me, the less you put in the UI the better. Now my eyes are constantly travelling to the lower right to keep an eye on how much life I got. The storage box is a lot less convenient now; you can only store weapons and not other stuff such as ammo. Weapon mods still take up space in the inventory even after you attach them to their weapons. Crafting ammo is different too. Not sure why they didn't stick with what worked in RE2make here.

Hmm, what else? Oh yeah, I'm kind of disappointed at not being able to shoot the merchant, like you're able to do in the original. That was one of the funniest things about that game and I was looking forward to doing it here. A silly complaint, I know :ganishka:

Overall, I'm happy with what we got so far, and glad Capcom didn't treat this game like they did RE3make.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I played about 2h of the Diablo IV beta. I really liked it! I made a Barb, because that’s always been my go-to class when starting out a diablo game. And wow, getting frenzy and whirlwind within the first 30 min or so was kind of a shock, but an arcade-like blast. I can see myself spending a few dozen hours in that, on release. Hundreds, though? Eh, not really my thing.

Check it out while it's open. I think the public beta closes tomorrow night.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sonic Advance: Short and sweet, with replay value added by being able to play through the game with three other characters. Very reminiscent of the Genesis games, except it's a lot harder to collect Chaos Emeralds this time around. I remember that being one of the few criticisms of the game when I was reading about it. I didn't even try to get them on my first play-through. One day, I'll go back and play through the game with each character and try to get all of the Chaos Emeralds, but for now, I've got a list to complete!

Star Wars: Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast: I still can't believe I missed out on all of these Dark Forces sequels when I was young. I've always been a Star Wars fan, and these games are fantastic. Jedi Knight was a little hokey, mainly because of the live-action cutscenes, but its gameplay was solid. Jedi Outcast is even better. While the lightsaber controls aren't perfect by any means, you really do feel like you're playing a Jedi for the first time. Very enjoyable. Can't wait for the next one.

Kingdom Hearts: I played KH a little bit when it first came out, and even then I was impressed that Square pulled it off. I mean, Disney plus Final Fantasy? Please. Yet, somehow, it kinda worked. I've heard later entries become even more convoluted (and the work "darkness" is used many, many more times), but I really enjoyed this one. The graphics still hold up, and the voice-acting was top-notch at the time (and is still pretty good, in my opinion). I'm looking forward to playing the sequels, which isn't something I normally say about games directed by Tetsuya Nomura. :ganishka:

Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance: Another Symphony of the Night clone, but still fun to play. I've heard it's the worst of the three GBA Castlevania games. I haven't played Aria of Sorrow yet, but I did enjoy Circle of the Moon more than Harmony. The gameplay and exploration were fun, but the music was grating most of the time, and some of the visuals literally hurt my eyes. Most of the boss fights were a cakewalk, too, which was disappointing. I'm still looking forward to Aria of Sorrow, since I've heard it's the best of the three GBA games, and one of the last true Castlevania titles.

Griffith

Diablo IV - So, the modern open map with dungeons marked for completion are going to be an issue... for my marriage! Heeeeyoo! :troll: And vice versa, I never got to fight Ashava the world boss because, a) Blizzard repeatedly posted the wrong times, even after realizing they weren't accounting for daylight savings correctly, but mostly because, b) something always came up right when I need to be at the computer (I even had to randomly take my daughter to the ER at one point to get her elbow reset after she knocked it out rolling on the floor; I love her but not a good time for either of us =). Anyway, I'll get my chances in the real thing, but it goes to show the limits of these sorts of timed, appointment events for people that already have to carve it out judiciously. Which brings me too...

Resident Evil 4 - It's good. I haven't gotten much farther but you can tell. D4 obviously got all the playtime this weekend, you know when nobody was having a real emergency, "I know your arm hurts, honey, but what about my barb's 'arms'? They're pathetic, and at this rate of loot drops all the good RNG in the world isn't going to let me upgrade!" My main concern so far is there ain't no way to really make this scary because you're fighting trash mobs in broad daylight; it's literally desensitizing. The opening bit at the lodge was scary, but since then, not so much (if stealth wasn't just a perfunctory thing before a mandatory confrontation, then maybe...). We'll see if they can recalibrate now that it's night, especially once I hit the castle.

It might just be Leon's too badass though, especially with all these new abilities. They supposedly made ammo more scarce, but with the new knife skills and especially the easy parry (you can just spam it), allowing you to endlessly kill armed enemies, resource management perverts like me and Aaz will immediately adopt informal rules of engagement that make it so the game's biggest challenge is finding a place for all the ammo and health items coming out of our ears (and they have auto-sort for your case, thank God =). On that note, they did fix the "bug" I utilized to great effect in my RE8 "Village of Shadows" run where upgrading your weapon's ammo capacity also fully reloaded it... fuckers. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance: Another Symphony of the Night clone, but still fun to play. I've heard it's the worst of the three GBA Castlevania games.

Came here to say this. It is easily the least noteworthy Castlevania game post-SOTN.

I'm still looking forward to Aria of Sorrow, since I've heard it's the best of the three GBA games, and one of the last true Castlevania titles.

It's pretty neat but also quite short. Dawn of Sorrow is a good sequel to it. You should also play Portrait of Ruin (with Japanese voices, the US voiceover sucks) and Order of Ecclesia, which is the real last "true" Castlevania game.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
After the Diablo 4 beta closed yesterday, I still had the itch, so I continued into Diablo 3, starting a new Necromancer now that I have that option. I’m finding the game much easier that I remember back at launch … a decade ago? Wow. Playing on normal, I’m basically walking through the zones with enemies melting around me and my bone spears. I raised the difficulty to hard to counter this, but it barely made a dent in the overall challenge. Am I just that good?

Griffith

After the Diablo 4 beta closed yesterday, I still had the itch, so I continued into Diablo 3

I did the same thing last weekend, "Maybe I can finally get more Paragon levels than my dad..." (not happening =). I was impressed my build seemingly still melted mobs as well as before, until I further investigated the difficulty, more on that later.

starting a new Necromancer now that I have that option.

You know, for all the hundreds of hours I spent playing that, I still never got the Necromancer... or played as the other classes for that matter beyond creating mules. O swore this time would be different and created a Necromancer in the D4 beta... I deleted him without playing him. =)

I’m finding the game much easier that I remember back at launch … a decade ago? Wow. Playing on normal, I’m basically walking through the zones with enemies melting around me and my bone spears. I raised the difficulty to hard to counter this, but it barely made a dent in the overall challenge. Am I just that good?

A couple of things: the Necro was an end game DLC addition, so he might be appropriately OP for that purpose. Otherwise, it's a completely different game from the version we played back in the day then, as a matter of fact it's different now than from the initially overhauled and recalibrated versions from back then, which I recall was a big deal at the time. I recall rushing to beat Hardcore Insanity difficulty before it got nerfed forever and lost all "meaning"! Pretty sure I died in Act IV or V. :ganishka:

Finally, they made difficulty completely menu customizable, making Torment the "ultimate" difficulty level. Then there were six levels of Torment. Then ten. Twelve. Etc, etc. When I checked last weekend, at a glance, it looked like there were twenty. So yeah, Normal probably ain't what it used to be, but also, the latter difficulty has obviously grown with the meta to completely ridiculous proportions. I tried firing up a Greater Rift in the 90s, these are basically high difficulty high exp reward zones, and immediately got smoked because I forgot I only got to that level in extremely high level parties and I'm probably completely outclassed these days.

Last edited:
Chapter 7 on RE4. I totally see how this game murdered the survival horror genre back in the day. I haven't seen this much constant action in RE since RE6. I mean, holy shit, nonstop catapult fire raining down on my head as I scramble on a castle rooftop is quite the jump from those dark hallways of RCPD!

At this point, I have met Ashley. I was afraid I would hate her, prior to playing....and I was right. I hate that bitch. Wish I could kill her myself. Fighting through the fire and chaos of the aforementioned rooftop while keeping an eye out for her incapacitations, abductions, and screaming, is not my idea of fun. I can only imagine how much more annoying the original Ashley was.

Other than that, I'm very much enjoying the game, though I doubt it will dethrone RE2 for me at any point

Parkus

Keep pushing no matter what
I'm like multi-tasking between red dead and cyberpunk trying to earn various achievements from both games and it is eating me, I feel like playing some horror once I finish getting the achievements and will probably be debating whether to play outlast or the evil within.

Last edited:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Finally, they made difficulty completely menu customizable, making Torment the "ultimate" difficulty level. Then there were six levels of Torment. Then ten. Twelve. Etc, etc. When I checked last weekend, at a glance, it looked like there were twenty. So yeah, Normal probably ain't what it used to be, but also, the latter difficulty has obviously grown with the meta to completely ridiculous proportions. I tried firing up a Greater Rift in the 90s, these are basically high difficulty high exp reward zones, and immediately got smoked because I forgot I only got to that level in extremely high level parties and I'm probably completely outclassed these days.

Maybe it is just me. But I found more things to dislike in the Diablo 4 beta than to like. Particularly with the items and skill trees. I didn’t play through all of Diablo 3 so maybe I’m late to the party. The skill tree seems overly complex. Each skill gets 3 sub trees to chose from. I don’t see the big differences with each sub skill? Do my skill points add into other skills like in D2? The items seem to all boil down to cooldown reduction and total item power(?). Cooldown reduction based gameplay feels sort of mindless to me. Just wait for the timer to go down then hit the button again. Oh no. The enemy or boss is going to do an area of effect attack. Better dash away quick and then go back to fight. I’m aware that D2 also becomes somewhat mindless at higher levels when have gear that gives you infinite mana. But at least there’s a lot that goes into it beforehand. Maybe I’m missing the bigger picture for late game? The one thing that I couldn’t get over was the ugly mobile game looking item font. Where’s the gothic looking font from previous games? Seems like a no brainer to have.

On the plus side the actual in game graphics and art look amazing. I can also get behind the open world and the ability to travel on horse does seem cool.

Has anybody tried Bleak Faith Forsaken? Awesome dark souls inspired indie. It's a bit clunky and whatnot but that's to be expected for a three-devs game.

Griffith

Resource Eval For? - Like the title says, I spend most of my time reloading and breaking barrels until I get good shit; it's really painful actually and I clearly have a problem. :ganishka: I tried cutting loose exactly once and wasted so much ammo and health fighting the wild dog and villagers before the big mob battle (fuck you btw) that I had to reload and do it meticulously as fuck.

BTW, it's sort of broken how much you can abuse sneak kills and how beneficial they are; instant death (even for heavies like the bulls!), no revives, they basically pay for the knife repairs themselves, plus I'm sitting on like 200 rounds of handgun ammo and dozens of shells, etc (which I'll never use!). Really moving at a snails pace like this though. I'm taking Leon from RPD rookie to OCD veteran.

Some other funny notes: I forgot my fucking knife in the El Gigante fight because I'd sent it to storage to pick something up and forgot I didn't have it. I was shocked when my (kitchen) knife immediately broke and thought, "The knife breaks that fast? It's fully upgraded! Is this game broken!? Can I even beat this guy without the knife?!" Turns out I could, but I'm still an idiot. Still, I had so much MORE ammo after than when I started I didn't bother reloading the save (well, ok, I did, it just turned out I got more and better shit the first time so I went with that outcome =).

Chapter 7 on RE4. I totally see how this game murdered the survival horror genre back in the day. I haven't seen this much constant action in RE since RE6. I mean, holy shit, nonstop catapult fire raining down on my head as I scramble on a castle rooftop is quite the jump from those dark hallways of RCPD!

Yeah, but man, this game was its own kind of mind-blowing back in the day. It was like the video game equivalent of seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time or something, before Uncharted explicitly did that. The different action set pieces just wouldn't stop coming! I wonder if the edits they make will kind of rob it of that, I already noticed we're getting into certain segments or boss fights more quickly and unexpectedly, or if that's basically necessary because the effect would be lost today anyway.

At this point, I have met Ashley. I was afraid I would hate her, prior to playing....and I was right. I hate that bitch. Wish I could kill her myself. Fighting through the fire and chaos of the aforementioned rooftop while keeping an eye out for her incapacitations, abductions, and screaming, is not my idea of fun. I can only imagine how much more annoying the original Ashley was.

They've really toned her down actually from what I recall, when she was just super annoying and only potentially useful as a sex object for the male gaze. Now she seems like a human being (boooo =)! Actually, I find her extremely useful for the aforementioned instant kills. In the Chainsaw Sisters fight, after I cheesed them by completely mining up the area before the fight started and then grenading them for the finish, I just let the rest of the mob kidnap her and neckstabbed them one by one (I wasn't even sure they were finite or if I had to escape eventually). Ashley's basically my secret weapon for clearing whole areas without a single shot of ammo wasted used (it's all wasted now). Then I kept reloading the area for every crate or barrel break until I got something besides pesetas (spinels are instant saves); uh... fun? Also, I feel like if I was doing a "no save" or S rank run, you could totally abuse the auto saves if you keep track of where they are.

Other than that, I'm very much enjoying the game, though I doubt it will dethrone RE2 for me at any point.

Nope, RE2 is so untouchable it's the best game in the series twice now.

MEDIA=youtube]KOO5S4vxi0o[/MEDIA]

Always happy to provide this opportunity... but yep, it's total "power creep" and it wasn't even so much a creep as the best player in D3 went from getting to "Paragon level" 100 to people casually being in the thousands not long after. I think D2 did it better where getting to max level really wasn't worth the effort. I think it took more exp for each of the last four levels individually than all the previous ones combined, and there was no endgame enemy to easily provide so much, you just had to grind it out, so even being in the 90s meant something (you were a loser =).

Maybe it is just me. But I found more things to dislike in the Diablo 4 beta than to like. Particularly with the items and skill trees. I didn’t play through all of Diablo 3 so maybe I’m late to the party. The skill tree seems overly complex. Each skill gets 3 sub trees to chose from. I don’t see the big differences with each sub skill? Do my skill points add into other skills like in D2? The items seem to all boil down to cooldown reduction and total item power(?). Cooldown reduction based gameplay feels sort of mindless to me.

Yeah, my misgivings with it all stem from its similarities to D3, but that's just the way it's going to be, and D3 always had its merits and enhancements to the formula, eventually becoming a significant game in its own right. So, it's not like this was just going to roll all that back and pretend it never happened, but I don't know, as someone that went through the ringer with that game as it evolved a lot of these traits just have bad connotations to me, fair or not.

Last edited:
Resource Eval For?
This board reminds me of the youtube channel redlettermedia sometimes in that I'm more interested in knowing how people review a certain product than the product itself.

Anyway, how do you think it compares to the original? Did you play the original a lot? And when do we get an updated RE ranking

I finished Resident Evil 4 and...wow, just wow. I loved this game. I'm already on chapter 13 of my second playthrough, which says a lot as I rarely ever go for an immediate second run once I finish a game. In fact, I probably only do that on FromSoft with their NG+ runs. RE4 was just a joy to play. Of course, there were some hiccups, such as the Ashley sections, which were not fully enjoyable. Thankfully, they were few and far in between. They're not as awful as I might make them sound, but I have an aversion to "useless" companions and having to protect them, in any game. That said, I wasn't as annoyed with Ashley in the second run as I was in the first. Some other issues include the meaningless side missions you are frequently tasked with, such as destroying medallions and catching fish for your merchant friend. They're optional, and I don't dislike them, but they feel like pointless padding. Also, they don't make sense anyway; Leon is on an urgent mission to rescue Ashley but will go out of his way to back track and go fishing. I also mentioned before that the game tries to find a sweet spot between the more "serious" tone of recent REs and the goofiness of the original, retaining the hilarious one liners but delivering them with a hardened or even traumatized Leon. It felt a little weird to me, but no big deal, I enjoyed the experience anyway. What else did I dislike? Ada's new voice actress. No idea why they replaced the one from RE2. This new one sounds more like a soccer mom than a deadly femme fatale. Oh well...

But what a phenomenal game this was. To put it into perspective, I would say that the Callisto Protocol and the Dead Space remake were sad little appetizers before this awesome main course. Reflecting on the TCP and DS, it does no favors to the original developers behind these games that they were released so close to one another. You can see how little the team behind Callisto evolved since their Dead Space days. Both games are nearly identical in conception, plot, villain, and mechanics, with Callisto being an inferior version of Dead Space, as discussed previously. In contrast, playing the recent series of Capcom's RE installments was quite the experience. Starting in 2017 with RE7 to RE4 now, I've gained a massive love for the series that I didn't have prior to that time period. It was kind of like witnessing a re-enactment of their history, with RE2's survival horror to RE3's transitional nature to action, and RE4's full-blown abandonment of a lot of the series' roots. As mentioned in my pervious post, I can now appreciate on a bigger scale what an impactful game the original RE4 was, which was a mixed blessing. RE4, like other significant works, killed a genre and started a new one. The direction the series took after it was a mixed bag, but it influenced the medium as a whole like few games can claim to. That, with RE7 and 8, and I can say it has been quite the ride!

My ranking for the series is now:

1. Resident Evil 2 Remake: this one is still king, for me. The more grounded setting, the absence of merchants who magically appear everywhere to cater to your needs, the dreadful atmosphere, and so on, still make for a more intense overall experience, despite the relatively lower action. It feels like a nightmare scenario that is more believable, and hence more compelling, than the action movie style of the later games.

2. Resident Evil 4 Remake: this one climbed its way up to second place quite effortlessly. Enjoyable on its own and as a compare-contrast with the above game exercise. My previous posts and this one already covered why I'm putting it here.

3. Resident Evil 8: ironically, I will use the reverse logic for this game and the one below it. This one is to 7 what 4 was to 2. It departs from the more grounded setting of 7 and goes to a more fantastical adventure, with castles and robot factories and so on. It was just such a fun game that I can't help placing it this high, despite its issues.

4. Resident Evil 7: the one that revived my interest in the series after a long while and the mess that was 6. I'm looking forward to giving it its long overdue second run and to see if that changes its ranking.

5. Resident Evil 5: if we were talking pure nostalgia, this would take top spot. It's the first game in the series I played to completion, and the one that finally made a fan out of me. If it gets remade, which may happen, I look forward to a revisit.

6. Resident Evil Remake: A great game, and it would rank higher had it not been for factors such as nostalgia and my general preference for more modern aspects in my games.

7. Resident Evil 3 Remake: I enjoyed this one a lot but it is more of a demo than a game that can stand on its own and compete with the others. This should have been a DLC for RE2. Or, they could have released it as part of RE2 as a third campaign. Either way, a fun but a half-baked title that could have been much greater.

8. Resident Evil 6: a self-explanatory ranking. I didn't hate it but it wasn't great either. And I never touched it again since 2012, which is another fact that speaks for itself.

9. Resident Evil Revelations (both): I'm only putting these last because I barely remember what playing them was like. It has been a long time, and I don't recall having a blast with them, but they were fun to coop with a friend.

10. Resident Evil Outbreak: I just remembered this one. It was a pre-entry point for me before RE5 was released. I didn't like it enough to play it to the end, but I have to place it here because of its significance for me.

[For those wondering about the OGs, I never played RE1-4 to completion. RE3 Nemesis was the first Playstation game I ever played, but I was 8 at the time and it traumatized me from the series until 5 came out when I was 17 lol. I didn't play Code Veronica either, but I watched a friend play it from start to finish. As for RE4, I played a little of the original, but was turned off of it by the controls].

Yeah, but man, this game was its own kind of mind-blowing back in the day. It was like the video game equivalent of seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time or something, before Uncharted explicitly did that. The different action set pieces just wouldn't stop coming! I wonder if the edits they make will kind of rob it of that, I already noticed we're getting into certain segments or boss fights more quickly and unexpectedly, or if that's basically necessary because the effect would be lost today anyway.

I can imagine how it blew minds back then and appreciate the acclaim and reputation it has more now. I can't speak for the set-pieces or their placements, since I didn't play the original, but I enjoyed them all, the only exception being the harpooning the fish part, which I thought was stupid. According to a friend who is a huge RE nerd, there are set-pieces that weren't in the original. We can talk about them once you finish the game.

They've really toned her down actually from what I recall, when she was just super annoying and only potentially useful as a sex object for the male gaze. Now she seems like a human being (boooo =)! Actually, I find her extremely useful for the aforementioned instant kills. In the Chainsaw Sisters fight, after I cheesed them by completely mining up the area before the fight started and then grenading them for the finish, I just let the rest of the mob kidnap her and neckstabbed them one by one (I wasn't even sure they were finite or if I had to escape eventually). Ashley's basically my secret weapon for clearing whole areas without a single shot of ammo wasted used (it's all wasted now). Then I kept reloading the area for every crate or barrel break until I got something besides pesetas (spinels are instant saves); uh... fun? Also, I feel like if I was doing a "no save" or S rank run, you could totally abuse the auto saves if you keep track of where they are.

Hahahaha. I hope you're never sent on a mission to save someone, man. Using the person you're meant to rescue as a bait or a weapon is both hilarious and twisted and I love it!

Nope, RE2 is so untouchable it's the best game in the series twice now.

Preach, rookie Condor One, preach!

Last edited:
Just finished playing Shadow Of the Colossus on my PS2 for the first time. It's a game I never got to in my youth and it feels good to have it under the belt. It truly evokes some of the same feelings that Berserk does, like the grandiose scale contrasted against a brooding mood permeating through the entire world. Also cool to find that there's a online community dedicated to that game as strong as the one on this very website, looking to uncover any secrets there might be still hiding in the game 17 years later.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished playing Shadow Of the Colossus on my PS2 for the first time. It's a game I never got to in my youth and it feels good to have it under the belt. It truly evokes some of the same feelings that Berserk does, like the grandiose scale contrasted against a brooding mood permeating through the entire world. Also cool to find that there's a online community dedicated to that game as strong as the one on this very website, looking to uncover any secrets there might be still hiding in the game 17 years later.
There's a book on it if you're interested in its development and a pretty close examination of the game world—$5 on Kindle.

Just found out that my smart TV has a setting called Auto Motion Plus, where it sort of upscales 30fps movies and games to 60fps, so I can play Bloodborne at 60 fps (in a way)! It's been about five years or so since I last played it, and even with it still being 1080p, having smoother motion will be really nice :guts:. I'm so excited to jump back in.

Top Bottom