What would episode 365 have shown us?

Seeing Griffith on that last panel made me wonder what would Guts' words would be after he spoke.

What would his reaction would have been like?

I bet it would be something like" GRIFFITHHHHHHHH!!" And perhaps the elf queen would stop him.

What do you think episode 365 would have been like? Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a bittersweet blessing, but we do at least know what Guts' initial reaction would have been like:

GutsSlash.jpg

As you may know, this is the official illustration for the "Great Berserk Exhibition" that was planned for the 30th anniversary of the series. What's noteworthy about it is that it's not a painting like Miura used to do for special occasions, it's clearly something that fits in a manga panel. Given the timing of its release, it's easy to guess who Guts would have been striking at... So this would have basically been the centerpiece of a two-page spread on pages 2 and 3 of episode 365.

As for what happens next, well that's the hard part. For reference, we had a previous discussion on the matter in the episode 364 thread. In short, I don't expect that Guts would have been able to strike down Griffith, nor that a full-on fight (i.e. multiple episodes long) would have taken place. Between Casca overlooking the scene and Danan being not too far away (not to mention the gurus and the Skull Knight), I think it would have ended relatively quickly, with some very dramatic parting words and Griffith taking off into the night sky.

I also don't believe Griffith would have wreaked havoc, since the boy could presumably still push him around in case his parents were endangered (like what happened on the Hill of Swords). But he would have easily evaded or deflected whatever Guts tried. Guts might have been injured in the process, or his deteriorated physical condition might have been highlighted by the battle. It's likely the adverse effects of the Berserk's armor might finally have reached a level that made it impossible for him to keep dismissing them.

Casca's reaction to the fight would have likely been dramatic and would have furthered her personal development (working through her trauma) but also probably disrupted the battle. It would have also been a good opportunity for Guts to realize the truth about his son. Lastly, the Skull Knight may very well have attempted to get Griffith by surprise, and who knows, might have succeeded to a minor extent this time because of the circumstances.

I will forever regret not getting episodes 365 and 366 (despite knowing that if we had gotten them, I'd still have wanted more) because this sequence was obviously meant to be a major climax for the story, and would have been a key impetus to move it towards its final segment: the journey to put an end to Femto, not just for revenge or to stop the God Hand's masterplan from coming to fruition, but to rescue Guts and Casca's son.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
Berserk is my favorite story, Its amazing. When I've recommended it to friends I feel that they don't truly grasp its genius. It's a story that is masterfully told and I could gush about it for hours. It pains me that a story about tragedies and the willpower to overcome it was ended by a tragedy itself.. truly cruel. I will persevere because Mr.Miura's life lessons will forever stick with me.

My most anticipated moment was seeing Guts embrace Casca. The poor guy.. I really wanted to see Guts have a happy ending after living such a cursed life. My head cannon is that he does at the end! and somehow does NOT end up in the vortex of souls!

Farnese became my favorite female character. Her crush on Guts was the cutest thing ever and I was secretly rooting for her. I knew anything was possible with Mr.Miura writing the story and thought that maybe it would be possible in the future. It doesn't really work thematically though because of how intertwined Guts, Griffith, and Casca are. Still Mr.Miura could've made it possible and make it make sense.

The Behelit was there from the beginning, and we will never know who it was destined for or how it would be used (Skullknight showed us theres more than 1 way to use a Behelit). I believe Casca could have potentially activated it by seeing both Guts and her son transforming into Griffith. The direction the story would have taken then would be quite the sight to see. I understand the Behelit could have belonged to anyone though..

and the dozen other loose ends will plague me till the day I die. Now I do wish there was a heaven where we are all in casual white robes!:ganishka:

I think Aaz nailed it but I will say this. I feel like there is no way anyone could predict the fine details of Berserk moving forward in 365, Miura surprised me so many times in ways that made me feel kinda stupid, whilst we fans where thinking of the logical next event's Miura always threw a curve ball and did something extraordinary. But I do think Miura was about to show a really emotional scene between Guts, Griffith and Casca, we've got a lot of emotional moments since she came back but I was waiting something more, something truly emotional. I think having the Boy taken away is going to affect her in a big way, we've seen glimpses of that as Elaine but now as Casca again it's going to be a huge deal, I think even as Elaine she knew inherently that the boy was her son. When Guts sees Griffith I can't imagine the berserker armour wouldn't activate, it sometimes started to activate just by Guts thinking about Griffith, but there is another element know that being the boy. But I think the fight would be a interrupted somehow or he could even be conflicted if Casca screams at Guts telling him not to attack. but I think eventually Griffith will leave and Guts would be in a dark place isolated from everyone, but you know what would be fucking insane though, if Casca knowing the boy is Griffith steps in front of the slash and Guts armour starts to activate, And we see Griffith not flinch at all, the woman he raped and betrayed is protecting him! (But of course she's actually protecting the boy) and Griffith just stands there almost like he was expecting this to happen. And Guts is just in shock as Casca pleads with Guts with tears in both their eyes. It's a perfect example of getting revenge or protecting the one you hold dear as skullknight once said as well as protecting the boy too. I think the armour will recead back and Guts will fall to his knees defeated and Griffith would escape. It's like the moment when Guts was about to kill the boy when he was first born.

After we would probably finally see a flashback of skullknights past before we reach falconia or the bakiraka village. And then Gaseric would be the main character and maybe during his flashback a question will be answered that the recent battle between Griffith brought up somehow, and of course so many other mysteries, it's really vague but I think that's possible.

Another theory I had is Casca is somehow transported to falconia, unlikely but what if she is important to Griffith because of the connection with the boy and her. That's a stupid theory i haven't had time to flesh out.

Last edited:
It's a bittersweet blessing, but we do at least know what Guts' initial reaction would have been like:

GutsSlash.jpg

As you may know, this is the official illustration for the "Great Berserk Exhibition" that was planned for the 30th anniversary of the series. What's noteworthy about it is that it's not a painting like Miura used to do for special occasions, it's clearly something that fits in a manga panel. Given the timing of its release, it's easy to guess who Guts would have been striking at... So this would have basically been the centerpiece of a two-page spread on pages 2 and 3 of episode 365.

As for what happens next, well that's the hard part. For reference, we had a previous discussion on the matter in the episode 364 thread. In short, I don't expect that Guts would have been able to strike down Griffith, nor that a full-on fight (i.e. multiple episodes long) would have taken place. Between Casca overlooking the scene and Danan being not too far away (not to mention the gurus and the Skull Knight), I think it would have ended relatively quickly, with some very dramatic parting words and Griffith taking off into the night sky.

I also don't believe Griffith would have wreaked havoc, since the boy could presumably still push him around in case his parents were endangered (like what happened on the Hill of Swords). But he would have easily evaded or deflected whatever Guts tried. Guts might have been injured in the process, or his deteriorated physical condition might have been highlighted by the battle. It's likely the adverse effects of the Berserk's armor might finally have reached a level that made it impossible for him to keep dismissing them.

Casca's reaction to the fight would have likely been dramatic and would have furthered her personal development (working through her trauma) but also probably disrupted the battle. It would have also been a good opportunity for Guts to realize the truth about his son. Lastly, the Skull Knight may very well have attempted to get Griffith by surprise, and who knows, might have succeeded to a minor extent this time because of the circumstances.

I will forever regret not getting episodes 365 and 366 (despite knowing that if we had gotten them, I'd still have wanted more) because this sequence was obviously meant to be a major climax for the story, and would have been a key impetus to move it towards its final segment: the journey to put an end to Femto, not just for revenge or to stop the God Hand's masterplan from coming to fruition, but to rescue Guts and Casca's son.
Great words, bro. Man , I really hope Studio Gaga finish The story or at least reléase a book with everything planned for ahead. I'm very curious about how guts would have battled The god hand now that they are in The physical world.

Miura once said he felt like Griffith was so strong and powerful that Even he, The author, had no idea how to favor him, it was as if " The Main anthagonist was manipulating him"

Thanks for The reply

Miura skipping ahead to 365 to draw that image of Guts swinging the DS makes me wonder if any more of what would have been that two page spread exists, or if he only drew that and was going to do the rest later. I feel like a rough layout of the other elements on the page would have to have been made for composition's sake. Not that we'd ever see such a thing.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Miura once said he felt like Griffith was so strong and powerful that Even he, The author, had no idea how to favor him, it was as if " The Main anthagonist was manipulating him"

Hmm, I don't recall him saying that. Do you have a source? Sounds like you might be confused with Skull Knight's dialog from volume 28: The Falcon is now something that is outside the principles of the corporeal world. There is not a single one who threatens him in the human world. It's like if a character in a tale defied its creator, it can never happen. To challenge and to reach the Falcon, one must also exist outside of the tale.

Hmm, I don't recall him saying that. Do you have a source? Sounds like you might be confused with Skull Knight's dialog from volume 28: The Falcon is now something that is outside the principles of the corporeal world. There is not a single one who threatens him in the human world. It's like if a character in a tale defied its creator, it can never happen. To challenge and to reach the Falcon, one must also exist outside of the tale.
I read that On an interviene like ages ago. Let me look for it and post it here

I think Guts would fight Griffith, and have so many injures, that his body would be exposed and he would faint.

When he awakes, instead of seeing Farnese, Schierke and others helping him like the other times, it would be Casca, sharing her trauma with Guts and finally coming to terms to what happened.

After that comes Skully to explain about their son and tell something cryptic according to Causality.
I read that On an interviene like ages ago. Let me look for it and post it here
I'm curious about this interview, because I've never seen Miura saying that.

GutsSlash.jpg

I pray to God that the studio will continue the material. Would you like to see the editors continue the story or for it to have been finished with the passing of its creator?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I pray to God that the studio will continue the material. Would you like to see the editors continue the story or for it to have been finished with the passing of its creator?

Well, see what I said on the matter just a few hours ago:

[...] regardless of what decision Young Animal's staff may eventually reach, I think everybody should understand that Berserk as the creation of Kentarou Miura is absolutely and definitely over. And that's what actually matters, because the reason Berserk is such an exceptional manga to begin with is entirely due to Miura's talent and hard work.

There is simply no one in this world who could truly replace him at the helm of the series, so no matter what comes in the future, you can be sure it won't be the same than what Berserk has been until now. [...]

Top Bottom