Writing Miura

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Wow! First of all, let me congratulate everyone with Kentarō Miura samas reply (I know Im late). Sk.net is indeed the best Berserk forum, and we are indeed honored (and lucky) to get response at all. Great efforts from Pualla and Walter, and Grovels 9 old year daughter who took time to make a bookmark for Mr. Miura, and I would like to thank everyone else I forgot to mention.

Too bad theyre not making another artbook. I really hope Miura San changes his mind, if he ever find out he has the time and capacity to do it.

Its great that Berserk is more than halfway its storyline. No someone might chime in and say that 10-15 years is a long time to Berserk to end, but hey, 10 years with Berserk is hell better than 5 years then nothing- and no more excitement for each episode, right? Right? And we ll look forward to other works from Kentarō Miura after Berserk is complete.

And it is also great that there is a posibility of a second season of Berserk anime, although I it is highly unlikely for reasons most of us know. But we will always welcome a new, remade Berserk anime that actually follows the manga (but ofcourse keep the soundtrack). (Remember Hellsing, and Hellsing Ultimate?).

Miuras response is gold, and like someone already said, the thank you reply shouldnt be pain to read and it shouldnt be too long. The thank you letter looks great as it is. Not too short, not too complicated, and not too long ofcourse. I dont know if other forums ever wrote Miura and got answered, I hope that Miura will know how much we appreciate it, and I hope he likes the thank you reply, and keep it close to his office, studio, or whatever.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
theblackswordman said:
And it is also great that there is a posibility of a second season of Berserk anime, although I it is highly unlikely for reasons most of us know. But we will always welcome a new, remade Berserk anime that actually follows the manga (but ofcourse keep the soundtrack). (Remember Hellsing, and Hellsing Ultimate?).

If they were to make another anime adaptation of Berserk, they wouldn't keep the old soundtrack. Hellsing Ultimate has a different soundtrack than the first Hellsing anime.

snake1mi

Blood is just red sweat.
Rhombaad said:
If they were to make another anime adaptation of Berserk, they wouldn't keep the old soundtrack. Hellsing Ultimate has a different soundtrack than the first Hellsing anime.

That was not my point. I'm absolutely aware that Hellsing Ultimate has different soundtrack. But I think it would be nice to either keep it, or just sort-of-remake it (I know, that would be a sin) and stick to the dark electronic music type. Or simply, if there's no other way, do something new and different. I know it's impossible anyone to be even close to Susumu Hirasawa. Anyway, it's too early to discuss it, and I really shouldn't have brought it up.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Puella finished the translation in time for our official response letter to be sent out this week. So this [Translated in Japanese by Puella for only a jar of pickles! (there's more where that came from!)] :

To Miura Kentarou and Shimada Akira,

The members of Skullknight.net and I would like to express our extreme gratitude for the effort spent in answering our questions. Mr. Shimada, your gracious reply was certainly more than we expected, and we were truly humbled by it.

We would like to take this chance to congratulate Miura on his achievement in the series recently. We are simply breathless over the direction Miura has taken Berserk. I've been reading it episodically since 2000 and this is one of the most exciting periods I can recall. Simply outstanding work. You perpetually have us on the edge of our seats!

As a show of our respect and admiration for Miura's work, we have attached a bookmark the daughter of one of our members created for him. It features six of the emoticons we made for the forum here. We hope you find a good use for the bookmark and enjoy the emoticons!

Sincerely,
Frank ("Walter") Smith & the Skullknight.net community

Will be sent along with the bookmark made by Grovel's adorable daughter Leah. I made it into a sort of mini book for Miura to open, based on the cardboard packaging Grovel used to keep the bookmark safe.

bookmarkshipping.jpg

Please direct all thanks to Puella, Leah and Grovel for their work in making this second letter happen.

Wow Grovel your daughter sure is talented and very adorable. :slan: By the way thanks to you all for your hard work on this letter. It is truly amazing that you guys are doing this and we get to see it as well. :casca:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That's going to make for a very cute present, thanks to Leah for continuing to lend the board her talent. :serpico: And congrats again to everyone who was involved with the letter!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for your hard work Puella, Leah and Grovel, I'm sure Miura will more than appreciate the bookmark!

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Oh wow! That bookmark is phenomenal Grovel, tell Leah she's made quite a few fans online because of it. :guts: Thanks Puella for all the translating you've done for this and thanks Walter for putting this all together. I just hope the first thing Miura thinks when he opens it isn't, "Wow, they let their kids read Berserk?" :ganishka: Kidding aside, I'm sure Miura will love it, and maybe Walter will get added to his New Year's card list! :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
An overall great effort from everyone involved. I think we can rightfully be proud of ourselves.

Darklink286 said:
maybe Walter will get added to his Christmas card list! :serpico:

He sends cards for the new year, not for Christmas.

Thanks for all your kind words on behalf of my daughter Leah.

It means a lot for her (and me!) to have such nice comments. I feel very proud knowing that Miura will receive something made by my little girl.

Also many thanks to Puella and of course Walter.

Top Bottom