Recent content by Solarmaker

1. S

Official Sk.net Weightloss/gain Thread!

Well, I was 120 for years and then I got up to 135 just in the past three months. Now i'm not going to complain that i'm fat or over weight, i'd just like to be my solid 120 again. And for my height 4'10'' 120 was like borderline obese *that body mass index chart is STUPID* SO...either i'm...
  2. S

Vagabond Live Action

ya its a traditional samurai drama and those are comparable to a american day time soap opera just with swords and a lot less sleeping around and a lot less drama so... does that comparison still stand?
  3. S

Vagabond Live Action

In my searchings through the internet i stumbled across a interesting thing. A live action Vagabond in samurai drama format. Here's the link to the first part of the first episode. Warning though, the quality is shitacular. But as long as there's a picture and subtitles, if you're hardcore...
  4. S

Dark Horse Releases

seriously, i mean miura has been writing berserk for 18 years. let me say that again, 18 years. why the hell does he only release chapters practically only when the planets are aligned? i mean i waited almost a whole year to read the latest 6 chapters and then at the end of those it said...
  5. S

Dark Horse Releases

I know how you guys feel about the horrid translations. It's hard to be watching an anime and spot problems with the subtitles. Makes you want to throw carrots at something. I really wonder who DOES the translation for Berserk? But also you have to consider that sometimes when they make a...
  6. S

Eclipse Colors

I'm right in the middle of a picture that shows the sky from the eclipse but for the life of me i can't remember if it's a black circle with red walls or a red circle with black walls. I don't have the anime on me and of course the manga isn't going to really be of much help. Does anyone have...
  7. S

SK Net Pets

Ah, unlike all the rest of you, i have no dogs or cats but a Cockatiel (?) not sure if that's spelled right, and a genetically altered smart rat. this is spike my bird, he's been around about as long as i have give or take a few years. He thinks we're married so if any guy goes near me while...
  8. S

Recommendations for Manga

I would suggest battle angel alita. It's kind of old and hard to get ahold of but well worth the effort. I also second the battle royal suggestion. It's an awesome manga, and movie, along with novel. All three are good, just don't watch the second movie *barf* Another one that I really...
  9. S

Movies to dread

well i'm sort of dreading that they're going to kill it. Like Matrix sequals or jaws. Sometimes too much is a bad thing. XD does that count?
  10. S

Vagabond: Volume 29

seinen manga? That's not a term i'm accustomed to. I understand why most of manga sales are directed at teenagers but it's like, "where's the love for us hardcore people??" T_T I mean go to any most anime and manga conventions and at least 50% of the people there are over 18. Besides...
  11. S

Movies to dread

That movie just puts you off dating women doesn't it? I'm a girl and it scared ME straight. But back to the movie topic, They're making a wolverine movie next, About how he became wolverine and when he was with the special ops. What do you guys think? i'm a big fan of X-men and i don't know...
  12. S

We have two BnN's around here and 2 Borders along with various comic shops and Berserk is like a freaking rare animal, I've never even seen a physical volume of Vagabond, only online scans. I don't understand why because we have huge manga selections here but all the good ones seem to never be...
  13. S

now that IS a good idea. See but they always get you that way, "don't want to pay for shipping? then just buy more! Nothing rids you of that sting of having to pay for shipping like spending another $20!" btw, I'm Solarmaker, and you can probably tell i'm new on the site. Do you guys happen...
  14. S

In my area Barns and Nobels doesn't even carry Berserk and Borders hasn't restocked for a long time either. But while i was in Dallas, they had a used book sale and were selling seven volumes for 6dollars each in prime condition so I snatched them. I have holes in my collection tho and next to...
  15. S

Movies to dread

Nicolas Cage has truly gone downhill in a lead weighted soapbox cart with broken brakes. I mean, when was the last time one of his movies even got good reviews? Or was just good in general. I enjoyed the first National Treasure but his acting wasn't amazing in it. Plus, he always acts the...
Top Bottom