I be an retarded (volume 16 and 17 questions)

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
Ok, so really I just found out about Berserk about 1 month ago. I've been reading all I can, buying older volumes to catch up, trying to find everything. Life would be a lot better if I knew Japanese...anyway, on to my questions. You'll have to excuse my ignorance. Like I said, I'm really new to this.

Ok, in volume 16 Skullknight says

"For a human to follow this path...as cruel as this...can he continue to walk it as a human? Or will he..."

What? Huh? What's he talking about here?

And then in volume 17 the Hawk tells Zodd 'When the skies fall upon the sacred land; where a pillar of flames stands, and blind sheep are gathered...It will come. The thing you seek, will come.' Is he talking about Griffith being reborn? Is Griffith that full of himself or is he talking about something else?

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb questions.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
These arent dumb questions. Theyre both about rather confusing things if you havent been studying berserk a terrible ammount.

Skull Knights deal in Vol 16. Its mysterious. He could be alluding to what Guts would become if he continued down the path he tread from Volume 14-17, but Guts stopped that path after he visited Godo. Im referring to the demon beast. The beast mentions something similar to Skull Knight. "If you continue to kill, you will become like your friend." (then turns into Griffiths helmet, alluding to Femto). It all has to do with why Guts carries around that Beherit...Its always the X-Factor.

Bottom Line: Still unknown.

Is he talking about Griffith being reborn? Is Griffith that full of himself or is he talking about something else?
That wasnt Griffith per se, it was a vision of the Hawk. It was Femto (or something else?) foreshadowing the events that occur in volume 21. Skies fall, Pillar of Flames, Blind sheep Gathered...It will come. That all happens at Albion around chapters 166-175 (or Volume 21).

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
What exactly does SkullKnight say to Gatsu at the campfire the first time Gatsu encountered SkullKnight?  I remember reading it somewhere, something like a prediction of the eclipse but I can't remember too well.  What did he say?

CnC

Ad Oculos
he basically showed up and told Guts that there was gonna be a "great murder". He left Guts confused... along with the rest of the audience...

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
I guess I'll ask these questions here. Ok, so the stories told that Zodd might die in a battle but he would always show up again.  Now, can he really be reborn or what have you or was it just that he can re-attach limbs and he can heal very quickly?

Also, in the anime series when Guts is attacked by the wolves and it looks pretty much like he is a dead duck the flashback stops. Like he forgot what happened.  I know in the manga that it shows what happened but I was just thinking, when he killed the 100 men he said "I don't remember what happaned at the end" or something along those lines.  Does he just get so mad or "berserk" that he doesn't remember what happens or does something else happen?

I just wonder about a lot of things, like maybe he can't die.  The intro to the anime had that part about fate and I wonder...can Guts not die because he isn't bound by fate? Because he should have died under his mother that day? But then again, Skullknight said it wasn't his fate to die in the eclipse. I don't know...I just don't know.

Top Bottom