Square-Enix aim at expanding overseas market

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://ds.ign.com/articles/823/823632p1.html

[quote author=IGN]
[Square-Enix] currently earns half its revenue from areas outside Japan. But Wada says the overseas markets have increased to more than three times the size of the Japanese market, and Square Enix aims to amplify its presence in these territories accordingly.
[/quote]
When I read this, my first (probably irrational) thought was FINALLY, Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3! We'll see though... It probably just means titles like "Rad Racer DS" or something equally worthless to a nerd such as me.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Walter said:
When I read this, my first (probably irrational) thought was FINALLY, Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3!

Yeah more then likely just wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure holding Seiken Denesetsu 3 from the US was Square's way of getting back at us for winning ww2.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I have hopes for Seiken Densetsu 3 on the Wii's Virtual Console, but I doubt they'd bother with an English version. It'd be awesome if they released some compilations for the NDS, stuff like Secret of Mana 1 + 2, Mother 1 + 2 + 3, Chrono Trigger + Chrono Cross, etc. Would cost them practically nothing and I'm sure those would sell like hotcakes even at $40 the game.

To be honest though, this sounds more like them announcing a policy they've already put to use, what with finally releasing remakes of early FF and DQ games in forsaken places like Europe.

Top Bottom