blood

Yeah, I saw it.

The movie is a strange mix of American gore/monster movies and Japanese animation. It's really somewhere between Japanese and American cultures, no wonder the story takes place in that particular context. ^^;

The plot is... "simple". ^_^;
Don't expect any thought-provoking ideas. It's just an animated action movie, nothing more.

Some really impressive action scenes, and a good use of CG overall, in my humble opinion.

The design... Well, it's Terada Katsuya, so you can't say that the guy can't draw.  ;D

The English voice acting is... Er... Well, some characters reminded me of Bio Hazard, sometimes, and that's not exacty a good thing. But it's not that big a problem.
There is (fine) Japanese voice acting as well, but not as much.

Too bad it really looks like some kind of a "pilot". The movie introduces the main character and "her world" and that's about all. Of course, there are novels and videogames, but still...

it was only 45 mins wasnt it?
sputnik7 had a special preview of it on their site for a whole day. i got about half way through it before the modem started acting up (damn dial-ups) and i had to...well, not watch it...
it seemed to have great animation and it set the mood really well.
despite its short legnth, i was considering getting the dvd, but im not so sure anymore...

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
man, i saw it... the animations are awesome, the story sucks (in my humble opinion).
i didn't like them main character, i think it was "saya"? I didn't like her at all. the main character has to be... er, something else... ;)

however i buyed it along with sword for truth... :'(
oh my god, a berserk-loving friend of mine had to laugh until the movie (sword for truth) ended... although it's actually a sad thing. no, seriously, that one sucks.

Has anyone seen it?

C

Cheshire

i didn't really like it
it was worth a three dollar rental, but....otherwise...
something that made me chuckle throughout the entire film (besides the character designs LIPS-A-HOY): everytime there was a sky shot=PLANEy PLANE. going off to fire bomb the hell out of some poor vc vilalge, no less.
btw, speaking of dvds, the quadrophenia "special edition" dvd comes out tomorrow. supposedly. not anime related, but whatever. comes with classic VESPA commercials!

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I liked it a lot.
BUT it was too damn short.
More like an intro into a good series...
First time i've seen vampires portrayed as they should be,not the gay anne rice folk.

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
one and only word: too short!!
Damn, charadesigns and atmosphear were great but in only 48 min, you can't learn enough about Saya and other vampires...

Question: in your mind, is the real story of this film about vampires or about american people living in military camps in japan in 50's ??
For my mind, in this film, bad guys are not blood suckers but american teenagers :)

Top Bottom