China vs Taiwan

"Griffith No More!" said:
Here's some fast Dodo facts: The Dodo's stubby wings and heavy, ungainly body tell us that the bird was flightless. Yet scientists believe that the Dodo evolved from a bird capable of flight into a flightless one. Thus it was easy prey to the Portuguese invaders who would club the bird to death as it approached them seeking friendship.

Animosity apart its a good thing this thread put you into zoology!
Keep up!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Oh boo hoo all of you and your doubting my ability to kill a lot of people from 300 meters. look i kick ass. so all of this "who would win" shit is stupid of course i will.

- Bob
Well well well... Mr. Fancy Pants. Wow, you can shoot from 300 meters away. Congratz. ;D One day though, you can be like me and qual from 500. Its ok though. Welcome back. Don't you just miss the boards? :-*

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well well well... Mr. Fancy Pants. Wow, you can shoot from 300 meters away. Congratz.  ;D  One day though, you can be like me and qual from 500. Its ok though. Welcome back. Don't you just miss the boards?  :-*

I'm not back yet. i have 3 1/2 weeks left. on week 11 and graduate on week 14. peace out homes!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
I'm not back yet. i have 3 1/2 weeks left. on week 11 and graduate on week 14. peace out homes!

Awesome to hear from you, Bobby. Don't forget about us. :)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Awesome to hear from you, Bobby. Don't forget about us. :)

Bah forget about all of youz? What would make you all think I would do something like that? Well I do in fact think about how you are all doing and hope you all are doing great.

Khorne said:
Those chinese bastards should keep their hands of taiwan.

Finland dude....you just 17,and something like this topic you dont know it clearly.So.... please dont reply it in such a abrupt way.
frankly i dont think its a bright way to talk about the politic and world situation here,cause there have a lot of person from all over the world.....

blueberserk said:
Finland dude....you just 17,and something like this topic you dont know it clearly.So.... please dont reply it in such a abrupt way.
frankly i dont think its a bright way to talk about the politic and world situation here,cause there have a lot of person from all over the world.....
Okay, I admit to being 17, but I have been regularly watching the news and reading history books since I was 8.

Khorne said:
Okay, I admit to being 17, but I have been regularly watching the news and reading history books since I was 8.

firstly,the time how long you have read the history books cant express anything,because you know that the political situation always not easy to be recognized,and secondly,can you ensure what you have read is the truth??
as i am a chinese ,i think something like the taiwan problem i knew it more than you ,i dont want to tell anyone what is right or what is false,but i can tell you that people in taiwan are also the chinese from the very olden years.
i think you can understand what i want to indicate for you dude...nobody want to see a nation be seprated.... :-\

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
blueberserk said:
firstly,the time how long you have read the history books cant express anything,because you know that the political situation always not easy to be recognized,and secondly,can you  ensure what you have read is the truth??
as i am a chinese ,i think something like the taiwan problem i knew it more than you ,i dont want to tell anyone what is right or what is false,but i can tell you that people in taiwan are also the chinese from the very olden years.
i think you can understand what i want to indicate for you dude...nobody want to see a nation be seprated.... :-\ 
Well said...

I am sorry if I have insulted you, blue berserk, and I hasten to point out that I have absolutely nothing against the chinese people, but I have a lot against the chinese government.

Khorne said:
I am sorry if I have insulted you, blue berserk, and I hasten to point out that I have absolutely nothing against the chinese people, but I have a lot against the chinese government.

lol, dont be minded Khorne,i can understand your meaning.
and very glad to meet you here guy~ ;D

S

Sanguinius

But how do you expect Taiwan to come back to China when the people there favour independence and the Americans protect Taiwan militarily.

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
blueberserk said:
firstly,the time how long you have read the history books cant express anything,because you know that the political situation always not easy to be recognized,and secondly,can you  ensure what you have read is the truth??

It may be true that China doesn't want to see Taiwan split from them, but Taiwan also doesn't want to be forced to rejoin China.  There is a difference in what the Taiwanese want and what the Chinese want.  Yes, it is true that the people from Taiwan originally came from China, but they left China because of differences in opinions, politics, etc.  Those differences are still there.  I don't want to see Taiwan taken forcefully by China or threatened into rejoining the mainland.  If it happens, it should be something that's mutual and beneficial to both China and Taiwan.

Griffith

xechnao said:
This is one of the most out of reality history remarks I' ve ever heard

I find that hard to believe. ^_^;

Maybe the most out of reality remark you don't subscribe to. ;D

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Mao lead the Red Army under Communist rule, he believed in the lower class peasants whereas Chaing led his army with a Nationalistic view feeling that China should be ruled by one supreme ruler. The two parties fought in a civil war between over China. Mao won and Chaing fled to Taiwan to build a new government, completely different from Mao's China. Mao believed in strengthing China through the Chinese people. Chaing built Taiwan with heavy influences from America and the Western world. That sounds like a difference in politics and opinions to me. Granted, a lot of that information was told by my grandfather who was in Chaing's army when they fled from China to Taiwan. I haven't spoken to him about his opinion on the matter as it stands now, but I don't think his personal account is inaccurate or necessarily out of reality.

Miyu said:
Mao lead the Red Army under Communist rule, he believed in the lower class peasants whereas Chaing led his army with a Nationalistic view feeling that China should be ruled by one supreme ruler.  The two parties fought in a civil war between over China.  Mao won and Chaing fled to Taiwan to build a new government, completely different from Mao's China.  Mao believed in strengthing China through the Chinese people.  Chaing built Taiwan with heavy influences from America and the Western world.  That sounds like a difference in politics and opinions to me.  Granted, a lot of that information was told by my grandfather who was in Chaing's army when they fled from China to Taiwan.  I haven't spoken to him about his opinion on the matter as it stands now, but I don't think his personal account is inaccurate or necessarily out of reality.

Obviously, blueberserk -whose post you answered- wasn't talking about the 21st century.
And anyway, Chaing and the chinese refugees that followed him have nothing to do with the movement of Taiwan of so called independence of its natives today.

Griffith

xechnao said:
I don't subscribe to out of reality history facts and clues  8)

I agree, but only on the basis that you couldn't subscribe to a fact if it was actually "out of reality" and didn't exist. Once someone comes up with it, it's in reality, though. So watch out!

I agree, but only on the basis that you couldn't subscribe to a fact if it was actually "out of reality" and didn't exist. Once someone comes up with it, it's in reality, though. So watch out!

About school taught history:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050409/ap_on_re_as/china_japan_protest

Top Bottom