Episode 83

<*looks in Olivier's direction*>  ;D

Like I said, it's a bit tricky.

If I remember well, Void talks about a "hito no tsukurishi kami narazaru kami".
It could mean "god created by man that is not a god" (ie, not _really_ a god... this god is "human", in a way) or "god that is not the god created by man".

I remember that Spacespoiler san thought that the first possibility was the correct one.
I must admit that I still don't know for _sure_...

P

paradiselost

...those words means "god created by feelings (or passions, or suffering, or something similar) of men"...

;)

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Well this puts a whole new light upon th ematter.
olivier's translation is what i use as basis for my theory...
So,
IF
"lambs of a god not created by man"
then
Some other entity (sorta like God, the Almighty, whatever..) created the world in a bible fashion way, then men went nuts and all in the absence of such entity, made civiliastion, got gaiseric, went mad from desperation and made IDEA, then idea starts doing all it does.The entity is still uncovered and does not act. Maybe in the future, when things get too dark and hopeless, we'll see more proof. I hold Luca as one of the characters connected to that entity.

P

paradiselost

...no, no, no, listen White_Hawk...

...in Berserk world, doesn't exist somethig like "the God" you were talking about before...

...in the story, Miura assume that the traditional "God" of men, that on with the image that it seems to go to Heaven, well, is all an error, 'cause that God was in reality Idea. If you look at the image of Idea that all you found in the 83, you can realize this...

...Idea seems to be like a particell of DNA, something very human then...it's very clear in 83...this is maybe the reason why Miura put out all 83...'cause it revealed too much of the story...(he is right, in my opinion)...

...so, the traditional "Holy" God, the simal to the cristian one, I mean, is Idea, a God created by men. But, in the years, men forgot all about this, and for the reason why the need to have something to believe to go on in living, there is a need of something like that, like Idea...that's the reason why Idea exists...

...Idea exists 'cause people wants it, and it's made of passion, feelings, and go on, of all the people...and, what's strange, what Farneze is beginning to understand, is that for years she prayed an unexistent God, only an image of the reality...Idea.

...I hope it's clear with my words...

:)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
...Idea seems to be like a particell of DNA, something very human then...it's very clear in 83...this is maybe the reason why Miura put out all 83...'cause it revealed too much of the story...(he is right, in my opinion)...

looks like a mutated heart to me ;) did anyone else think so?
the heart of darkness maybe? we've already got a conrad ;D

P

paradiselost

...well, it seems a kinda of heart too, but much more, look on the back and at the basis...it seems to be a DNA particell...

;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
...well, it seems a kinda of heart too, but much more, look on the back and at the basis...it seems to be a DNA particell...

;)
The DNA strand is also represented in the Brand, the Symbol of the Hawk, and also at Idea's "feet". Its a very apparent piece. I personally think it represents how Idea is tied to the genetic manipulation of humanity.

P

paradiselost

...it could be, but in my opinion it represent the fact that Idea is made by "feelings of humans", so, if Idea is made by feeling of people, it has to represent people physically too...

;)

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
thanks for the translation attempt oliver... left it extremely vague, but at least now we know the possibilities better. interesting language, where two such contradictory meanings can be expressed in the same way. but i guess they think the same thing about ours, eh?

as for Idea growing in power... well, i don't know if Idea cares whether or not it grows in power, that's not exactly what i meant in my post. i sort of misworded that, i think. it may not be what Idea intended, but it has the effect... but again, that's just my theory. of course, guessing about the motivation behind a god is a tricky thing, so it's pointless. but the effect, as i said, remains the same, i think.

that's pretty much it for me, there's a PS2 in my apartment now, so i may be in game land for awhile...

P

paradiselost

...listen, but the game "the Sword of Berserk" is only for Dreamcast, or for PS2 too???

???

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
no, it's not (although the ps2 is going to get an adapter to be able to run dreamcast games eventually). it was an unrelated tangent... in other words, i had to stop posting & go pay attention to the new game system in my apartment :)

anyway

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I'm on my way out now, and just found this page - didn't even read it, but I know it has something to do with chapter 83. Unfortunately my japanese skills don't have me speed reading so I'll have to look through it when I get back  ;)

http://www.geocities.co.jp/AnimeComic/7667/berserk_83.htm

I figured a futile search for 83 was in order... worse case me and a few of you hop a plane to Tokyo and track down the poops who won't share with us!  ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, from what I can tell thats just a fan discussion of what happened in 83. Much like my speculations section :-/

P

paradiselost

...you mean about your perfect English? Well, sometime there could be, but, however, at the end, there's no problem...

;)

Top Bottom