how many of you are.........

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
afraid to watch berserk late at night. im willing to admit i am. especailly the eclipse episodes. i remember the first time watching it at like 1 in the morning and i got freaked and i actually got nightmares.

haha you pansy

the only time i got scared watching/playing something was:
Alone in the Dark 1
Undying

Those 2 games are -damn- scary...

Oh yeah, watching Unsolved Mysteries back when I was around 10 also rendered me yellow, always used to imagine the criminals being right outside the house

I first saw the Exorcist when I was 7.  Little did I know that until I was about 15, If that movie was on the tube I was changing the channel....Quick! :eek:
Now it is actually one of my favorite movies, having been the only one that ever scared me. ;D

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Only movie that ever scared me was "Poltergeist". Only book (non-illustrated) that ever scared me was Stephen King's "It". Only ilustrated book that ever scared me was "Scarry stories to tell in hte dark".

I still can't watch poltergeist, because it botheres me too much.

Still can't read It, for the same reason.

And scarry stories to tell in the dark......... this is one of hte most horrifying books ever.

All three of these pieces of media, literaly scarred me for life.

CnC

Ad Oculos
only one I can think of is "jaws". Couldn't swim safely for 2-3 years. Even in pools, I thought the small grate they had at the bottom of the pool for all the junk was really a trap door with a shark in it, just waiting for me to hover above it.

So I never did swim close that grate, always ready to get the fuck out.

But then again, I was 5! Cut me some slack. ;D

only one I can think of is "jaws".  Couldn't swim safely for 2-3 years.  Even in pools, I thought the small grate they had at the bottom of the pool for all the junk was really a trap door with a shark in it, just waiting for me to hover above it.

So I never did swim close that grate, always ready to get the fuck out.

wow! i went through the exact same thing. i actually think almost every child went through that...

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
house on haunted hill scared me. i went to sleep during the movie, & then there was a loud noise, & i woke up scared because i thought my friends had left without me because they were my ride home. turns out though, they'd gotten bored too & went to go play a quick video game in the lobby before coming back to wake me up & leave.
that's about it.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Texas chainsaw massacre I
though younger people find it rather ridiculous
Jaws of caws The Exorcist and a few other suspense horror movies from that time.
one was with Donald Sutherland being in Venice with his wife. In the end he got killed by a dwarf
The other one was with Oliver Reed an the story took place in a cursed house.
And of course some of the Italian Zombie movies. Watching them as a kid sure gives you some shivers.
I loved Jack Arnold movies as a kid like Tarantula, Creature from the black lagoon etc. but that Jeckyl & Hyde like story gave me the creeps, too.

I forgot to mention that long posts are a pain in the ass, too ;D

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I always thought the scariest movie of the 80's and early 90's for kids was the Child's Play series with the Good Guy Chucky's limbs grinded, melted, exploded in the process machine with his dolly flesh gulking everywhere!

Then the girl playing the swings...kicked the sand apart and find the actually good guy doll hiding under the kicksand with the head cracked open.....*shudder*

(but let's admit it the chucky's bride sucked.)

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?
which haunting? There's the old one which is a classic (not scary though) and the new one (special effects killed the movie)...

For me, the only movie I was truly scared by was Blair Witch ...(waiting for everyone to say how stupid the movie was....) I live in a foothills/near the mountains area, so I was scared out of my wits. Played way too many games with my psyche. Thing of it was that i saw it at an artsy theater when no one knew if it was true or not. The Sci-fi special was disturbing too....

Watching or reading Berserk though...never been scared by it. I have always been too fascinated to be scared. If anything might have been remotely frightening, I always thought it was cool and so different.

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
Blair Witch was the hit topic of camp when the movie first came out, because some people in the Venturer camp went watching that movie the day before camping...I thought it's pretty cool, but it got in my nerves when those people wouldn't stop screaming "FUCK!"  "I ran out of cigarettes!"  "WHere's the fucking map ??"  "FUCK!"  >:(

And I swear, the three kids in the movie deserves to die in most case; they don't even know how to go camping.  At least make yourselves some highlighting marks in case you are lost!

P

paradiselost

...well, at the contrary of you, I like to read Berserk late in the evening...and nothing scared....it's fine instead...!

8)

Berserk is more gorey then scary. Although the last episode mindf*cked me for a few days for the simple fact you care about the characters that get it.

movies are not remotely scary anymore. maybe all the gimmics are wasted on me.

Although Amityville Horror 1 scared me a bit. Another good one is Prince of darkness by John carpenter ( the Fog is a good one too ). Shinning is ok too. \\

I sure wish they would squash teen horror movies and start to make some freaky stuff..usually stuff to do with possession etc is scary too ( In the Mouth of madness was unsettling ).

P

paradiselost

...totally agree with you for what about "The Fog"...it's really scary...!!!

...brrrrrr...

:-[

xyz

The one who I thought was mine ...has left me.
I'm not a fan of horror movies so I kind of avoid horror stuff in general. I stopped watching horror stuff 'cause those images would haunt me. The only anime that's close to the horror genre that I ever watched was 'Petshop of Horror' and that wasn't really scary. I don't think Berserk is scary. I would watch it late at night. I watched a lot of anime but I must admit Berserk was/is the only one that totally blew my mind at the end. I didn't see it coming.

xyz (anime fan since 97, Berserk fan since 99)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
i wasn't scared by berserk, but i wouldn't say i was feeling good after having watched the last two episodes of the anime.

i got pretty scared when i watched "chucky" with 7 years...
the only movie i got scared when i was older was
"event horizon".

i wouldn't say berserk is scary, but watching it triggers a lot of different emotions. berserk has what i call "aura".

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
A friend of my sister couldn't sleep one night so she came into the bastment where i was watching anime all night, and she came in during the start of the Kenshin OAV, now i heard she can't sleep good "ever" well i tramatized 2 people so far that leaves how many?

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
A friend of my sister couldn't sleep one night so she came into the bastment where i was watching anime all night, and she came in during the start of the Kenshin OAV, now i heard she can't sleep good "ever" well i tramatized 2 people so far that leaves how many?

Ha! That's a nice story... Well if I was a scary person, i wouldn't like to see the beginning of the Kenshin OAV either...
pretty crazy stuff ::)

Top Bottom