Kentaro Miura's Interview from the Great Berserk Exhibition, December 2020

Not sure if anyone posted this yet but someone found and fully translated Miura's interview from the Exhibition. Honestly it's pretty heartwarming seeing him so happy and looking forward to continuing his work. It feels bittersweet to say the least.

It wasn't "found" the guy bought an extremely expensive re-release of the movies and it was contained in that Blu ray release. Thats how they got people to buy it, by putting in this interview.

Anyway the interview is fantastic and I love it, I will always treasure it

UnkleV, thank you for posting this. I was getting ready to see if anyone else had come across it and I am glad that others have. Miura's passing is still very raw for me and I'm slowly getting through this short interview with him. You're right, he seems so happy, so humble... When he referred to his style of manga as more "old style", while still paying respects to his contemporaries, it made me miss him even more. I'll return to your post once I finish watching the whole thing.

Update: Okay, I finished it. Well, considering Miura's estimate for where the story was at the time the interview was conducted, it is safe to say that he was hard at work on wrapping up this latest arc. While I don't doubt now that Griffith and Guts were to meet where they did, I know that he would have depicted the events in a much more epic fashion that would have been encapsulated by his impeccable style and attention to detail. In this regard, I believe Mori has not done wrong by his long-time friend.

The tidbit toward the end about giving us the backstory to Skullknight was, perhaps, one of the hardest things to process for me because it was already hinted at in 362. To have received an elaboration of this character and events would have been something to behold. There has been so much speculation about Skullknight's backstory that this would have been amazing. Given that the Old God Hand members look nothing like the current ones, my head cannon says that Skullknight has been engaged in a campaign of extermination against the God Hand after the events we see in 362. I would much rather get an outline of his planned events than to see this drawn... unless very detailed instructions were left behind or something.

All in all, I am thankful for this interview. Most of all, I am thankful to have gotten to see him so happy. Miura's creation has been in my life for nearly 20 years and it has helped me out of some really difficult times. While there is no undoing what happened to him, I will forever be thankful that we got to see a story as rich as Berserk in our lifetimes. We are truly fortunate.

Last edited:
Thats how they got people to buy it, by putting in this interview.
It certainly is the only selling factor for those Berserk fans that are more "hardcore", but really there's a huge amount of fans and people in the larger Berserk community that think of the Memorial Edition as the best thing ever, usually people that are somehow already enamored with the trilogy to begin with. I'm sure that if/when there'll be a physical release in the West, it'll sell really well.

I'm really happy that the interview was released, even though it surely might have been released differently. I'm happy that I can see and hear Miura as a living person, compared to seeing him just in pictures. It makes me think of my granpa who also passed away 2 years ago, while my family has numerous photos of him, somehow none of us has a video or even a decent recording his voice, which is painful for me. So seeing Miura decently is just so lovely to me. I think it'll help me a little more to elaborate this huge loss.

Last edited:
I'm really happy that the interview was released, even though it surely might have been released differently. I'm happy that I can see and hear Miura as a living person, compared to seeing him just in pictures. It makes me think of my granpa who also passed away 2 years ago, while my family has numerous photos of him, somehow none of us has a video or even a decent recording his voice, which is painful for me. So seeing Miura decently is just so lovely to me. I think it'll help me a little more to elaborate this huge loss.
its intense man. He feels like family to me, I've grown so attached to him over the years, by reading Berserk. Now I kinda get what I didn't understand before, which was how other fans of other series had a fascination with the authors of said series. I never thought I'd feel like that towards someone I never met but I do. I love the guy, I love what he has given us all. I will always cherish him, always

The tidbit toward the end about giving us the backstory to Skullknight was, perhaps, one of the hardest things to process for me because it was already hinted at in 362. To have received an elaboration of this character and events would have been something to behold.
Honestly I paused the video and facepalmed at that part. It's difficult knowing we were right at the threshold, all the questions and groundwork he had laid out were finally going to get their time in the light. Wish we had more video interviews of the man, he really seems like a genuinely good hearted individual

Top Bottom