R.I.P. ELF-MAN THEORY!

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
I have never imagined so much crap could come out of sucha tiny debate like this...let's kill it forever. Gatsu, for those who wish, may be santa's lil helper, they're elves too. He uses fairy dust quite easily, not that he can produce it...and finally, does anyone fantasy literate even consider elves as big, brute,hugeswordcarrying butchers...eerh,
you got me too! AArggh...enough.

P

paradiselost

...well, I never said that SK is Gattsu's father...!!!!

;)

...I only said in that point that "as SK is linked with elves, at the same Gattsu is linked with elves"...

;)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
[Griffith: Do you think Guts is related to God Hand?]
...no, I never considered that...and I'll never do...
But, by the same standards of speculation you say it’s proof that Guts’ is connected with Elves? So, how come you don’t believe that (and NEVER will), but you so adamantly believe he’s part Elf?  
if Griffith is one of the God Hand, "your logic" should let you see how what is very good in the whole story is to look at the differences between Gatts and Griffith...if Gatts should be linked to the GH, this particular could disappear...
That’s my point Paradise, I don’t think Guts is related to God Hand, but it is much more likely than him being part Elf, if you look at it unbiased. Anyway, since you brought up important themes disappearing from the story, what about Guts' struggle to triumph over the God Hand as a mere human, the significance of that would be totally lost if he were part Elf.
...and, more...you know, Miura is not a logic man...he likes to give us surprises, like when he decided to kill all the Hawk Soldiers...so, please, don't use logic to understand Miura, but try to imagine...Miura use a lot of imagination...and of surprises...
Logic and imagination aren’t mutually exclusive, the same thing goes for surprise; the sacrifice of the Hawks made perfect sense.  My point about logic is that your contradict yourself on this subject frequently.
...he left us many elements to think about the fact that Gatts is very linked to the elves...
Whoa, the fact that he’s linked to Elves?!  So you say, but I already discredited all the things you claim suggested Guts was Elvin with facts from the manga, you are ignoring the things that contradict you idea.  
please, read again my last mail in which I explained all these points, I don't want to write them again...
Don’t bother, just re-read my post where I explained the flaws in your points.
...it's very simple...Miura never mentioned about the ears of Gatts 'cause the ears of Gatts are not a point to let us understand he is very linked to elves...
I agree, but...
...in fact, we can say that you can notice his ears...
...why did you say this before, you seem to disagree with yourself?
...I said "Gatts is a part of elf" or "he has elf blood in him", so that, he has not to be like elves at all...
...maybe there is a race we still don't know, people who is the result of a kinda of mixture
That’s why were still debating this, I don’t care what your personal belief is, but you make things up and present them like they are a basic part of the story. And now you’ve even created a paradox with your theory; you’re basically saying the elves Guts are related to are a race of elves Miura hasn’t even introduced into the series, meaning all you’re “evidence” that point’s to Puck’s race isn’t even applicable?! In essence, even you’re theory states that Guts is not related to the elves seen in Berserk but to some other elves that currently don’t exist.

(cont. below)

Griffith

...because, what I always said is: "Gatts is linked with elves"...
...maybe Gatts is in part elf
Okay, you contradicted yourself in less than twenty words. Just the very fact that Guts knows Puck superficially “links” him to elves.  And you’ve said he’s “Half-Elf” or “Part-Elf” at least half a dozen times (including above!), even going as far as saying that Guts’ father may be some kind of Elf.
...but, if Puck felt an Elvin aura around SK, and SK is so linked with Gatts, you can answer by yourself about your question...
Okay, the answer is that Skull Knight is linked to elves and Guts knows him, this in no way makes Guts an elf by association. Also, the fact that Puck hasn’t sensed anything Elvin about Guts infers that Guts isn’t part elf at all, it blatantly goes against you’re theory and you just don’t acknowledge it.
...maybe you can believe something like this...
[paradise’s new theory]
That’s not the theory you’ve been talking about all this time, you’ve been saying Guts is some kind of Elf-Man hybrid and that Guts' father might be from some kind of Elf race (apparently besides Puck’s).  You also have cited that particular idea as a reason why Guts is so powerful,  a sentiment shared by this theory.  The problems I have with this one are the same as with the Elf-Man theory: First, it has no real basis in the story; nothing that directly supports the idea, and secondly there are things in the story that contradict or go against it.  For example, it still doesn’t explain why Puck doesn’t sense all this Elvin power Guts is endowed with.
...why don't YOU think of it like a test, Griffith?
Fine, I have no problem whatsoever thinking of this like a test.  Probably because my answers are based on facts from the manga and they don’t blatantly contradict each other. Also, if my facts didn’t add up I would simply concede so as not to make a fool of myself out of irrational pride or blind faith in my personal beliefs.  Plus, not only do I have a proven answer to all those questions that makes sense, but it’s the same simple answer to each question: Because nothing in the manga suggests that Guts is part Elf.

-Griffith

P.S. Before you respond, understand that I’m not proving Guts won’t be revealed to be an Elf.  That’s impossible because Miura could decide to change the story at any moment, he could turn Guts into a Fish-Man for instance.  I’m just proving that there is nothing in the story that foreshadows it thus far.  At least nothing more that doesn’t also circumstantially suggest he’s related to God Hand, and as a matter of fact, there is less. It’s your personal belief, which you are perfectly entitled to, but just don’t make references to it in the story when there are simply none there.

P

paradiselost

...dear Griffith, I perfectly understand your point, but, if you read again my last mail, I well explained all the point in the story in which there are strong elements to say that Gatts is very linked to elves, or that he is in part elf...

...but, if you like, I'll write you again, ok? So you'll be better able to understand what you mean, 'cause it seems that many times you or the others americans are not able to understand what I write...!!!!! Maybe your grammatic is different, I don't know, guys...many words you use are in no vocabulary of english, and these words are not English, but are "English of street", it's clear...

;)

...and, for ears, I said: ears are not the point, or, at least, not A MAIN POINT...are you able to understand these words now?

..so, these are the points...

1)There are many point that let understand that Gatts origin is a little bit..."different"...
...the points are: when Gatts went to the cavern zone, it's said by Godor that "this is a tradictional zone where lived elves"...
...well, it seems that Gatts has a kind of instinct about to find this kind of places...
...in fact, we can say that you can notice his ears...
...after that, it's no possible that the elves, so presents in the story, have not to have a main role in all this...
...the presence of Pak...the monster in form of a false elf...the elf medicin...the point that Pak can "feel" something about elves many many times...
...and, most of all, the poiint of elves, as many characters said many times, "in the past lived around here, but now, they disappeared"...
...and all this kind of mistery about the birth of Gatts, can be guided to this point too...
...you can remember, at the beginning of the story, ad we see the mother of Gatts died, on a tree...well...and his father? why this kind of big big mistery about this?
...all can guide us to elves...

I hope that now you are able to understand, Griffith...

;)

White_Hawk

Paradise, amico mio, sta teoria e poco probabile...
You do raise a nice question, which is:
Who was Gatts' mother? She was hanged on something that resembles a witch tree, or a tree where heretics where hanged. Of course, they may have been casualties of some other mercenary band, but it somehow strikes me, being used in the anime intro also...I don't know...any ideas? ???

P

paradiselost

...allora, mio amico, bella domanda che mi hai fatto...comunque, per me, la mia teoria è molto probabile invece...

;)

...well, it's a good question White_Hawk...and it's not easy to answer...uhmmmmmmmm...

Griffith

Paradise, I don’t think your superior 1996 fandom quite understands the situation here, I disproved that anything in manga you sited suggests Guts is or isn’t an Elf one way or the other, unless you can actually PROVE (www.dictionary.com) me wrong.

-Griffith

P.S. I'm getting tired of humoring you about this.

White_Hawk

At this point, having no suggestions about Gatts' mother, I expect us all to stop insulting ourselves with this elf man theory. If miura heard something like that I think he'd spit at us and leave...

P

paradiselost

...thanks you for the dictionary, dear Griffith, it has been very usefull to see how many words I write in bad English, I admit, but it has been usefull too to see how many others you write in bad English, too...I believe we are 50% for me, and 50% for you about...right guy?

;)

...however, I tell you again about the point of the "Elf-Man Theory"...

...of course, I know I can't prove that Gatts is in so strong relation with elves...
...but, OF COURSE, AT THE SAME TIME, you CANNOT PROVE that Gatts has no relation like I say with elves...

...so, here too we are 50% for me, and 50% for you...

;)

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
...but, OF COURSE, AT THE SAME TIME, you CANNOT PROVE that Gatts has no relation like I say with elves...

reductio ad absurdum? wouldn't work, there is no limit in exhaustion...i'm just as justified as saying guts is a fishman ;)

so what is my point? let's just all let the matter rest and drink tea (or beer if you prefer), till we puke...

i've said this before, i'll say it again: "so much for people making fun of theological debates" sheesh :)

Griffith

...of course, I know I can't prove that Gatts is in so strong relation with elves...
I’m glad that you know, Paradise. ;)

-Griffith

P.S. Hey, screw this shit, 187 is coming, w00t! ;D

P

paradiselost

...well, waiting for it then...!!!

...I'm happy that anyone can prove anything....I'm here with my beer...

8)

Top Bottom