suspiscious...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess this is blatant theft from BSOM's BBS, but I thought this was very interesting, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it so, here is a post made by "Chronik"(chronik@hotmail.com) today on BSOM:

I just got back from my HK vacation, to say it was great would be an understatment, what REALLY made this holiday god sent, was when i saw the huge poster, it was all over the place, comic shops, arcades, the poster had a huge Dragon slayer in it and a profile look of Femto's motionless face and a picture of a child with wings (just a black figure i could tell how he looked like).., and the rest was in chineis, i then tried helplessly to find someone who could translate it, the arcade wasnt exactly small but the ppl there were friendly, so i finally found a guy who also kicked my ass in snk vs capcom 2, when he opened a conversation with me in english after he won.I SMILED AND BEGGED HIM TO READ WHATS WRITTEN ON THE POSTER, then he gladly came along and translated the short text, that reads, as i state..."COMING SOON...2002", i could of almost kissed him!, then i remmebered how gay that would be..., well anyway i wanted to share this with u guys first, because i dont know any other berserk fans out there...as i suppose the poster ment that Season 2 is coming soon very soon, since its such a huge hit, a game, a dozen ppl liceneing it out of japan...so they would be idiots not to do this really as it was previosly thought...but the boy said that it could be a movie of some sort...or an OVA...but who knows, fingers crossed, anything Berserk is fine by me...

My opinion is that it could be some new animated form of Berserk. Theres a small, smaaaaaall chance its referring to the american DVD release (small, because doesn't it seem strange to announce a DVD release of something in a completely different country than its launch market?). I personally will reserve my judgement until I can see that picture/ad in front of me. Hell, this information could easily be false.

Ive searched a bit around on http://www.vap.co.jp 's site, who made the original Berserk TV series and came up with nothing. Then again, if its an OVA (or even a new TV series) it could be ANY company. Any clues? Opinions?

(dont be affraid to shoot this down, ESPECIALLY if you have some other news regarding this)

P.S. : I forgot to mention, Young Animal would be a likely candidate (more likely than some Hong Kong vendor on the street) to mention a new OVA, or TV series. I keep my eyes out every issue for such things, but...no word. I wonder.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’m glad I’m not the only crazy person, I saw that earlier on BSOM and have been scouring the net for an image of the poster or any other reliable information, no luck on both counts.

Assuming the information is true, and putting aside my desire not to get burned by season 2 bullshit, I think it could easily be a new series/OVA series.  I base my opinion mostly on the description of the poster, if it was an ad for the DVDs, why put the Dragon Slayer and Femto on it so prominently? There are other images much more synonymous with the anime in existence.  But of course the clincher is this “silhouette of a child with wings”, I can see a lot of room for error there. But assuming all the information posted is accurate, it looks like a very good cryptic teaser add for second season/OVA, .  The only problem is…why no other information on it, no official announcement or even rumors, very suspiscious indeed?

I don’t know what to think, but I’m going to remain skeptical (as much as I can, season2/OVA!! w00t!! ;)). Right now, I don't believe it.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
 I base my opinion mostly on the description of the poster, if it was an ad for the DVDs, why put the Dragon Slayer and Femto on it so prominently?

Actually one of the more popular Japanese DVD ads is A pic of Guts, with the Dragon Slayer held up (pointing down, his hand on the hilt), and in the reflection of the blade (err...reflection of Dragon Slayer...yeeeeah...sure) is God Hand, and most prominently, Femto.

Id scan it if I still had the YA ;) But i typically throw them out once they make a pile too big to walk around. And that was just as I moved into this new apartment, sorry guys. Ill look for it online though. Im pretty sure its just the cover for the final DVD (the final DVD in the box set)

Griffith

Actually one of the more popular Japanese DVD ads is A pic of Guts, with the Dragon Slayer held up (pointing down, his hand on the hilt), and in the reflection of the blade (err...reflection of Dragon Slayer...yeeeeah...sure) is God Hand, and most prominently, Femto.
Well, that certainly does weaken the case for a new anime. Although, why use a picture without Guts (even without his hand) as an ad for the DVD? I mean, I could understand better if it IS a teaser ad for a new anime, but odd to sell the DVDs that way (Why do I keep defending this “new anime” idea? …cause I want it to be true!).

But that “winged child” silhouette is what makes or breaks the whole deal, it could easily be a tiny picture of Femto, or Griffith being turned into Femto. But, if it is a winged child…Bah! Regardless, ads before announcements, impossible, but I still can’t shake the thought of a second season…

I’m just a hopeless sucker when it comes to Berserk.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Come on Griff, the NORMAL response to something like this should be :
kuso.jpg
yarou.jpg

How are my L33T Kana writing skillz?

Im bored...night.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
it COULD be, but if its anything, (assuming its a TV series) I think its alluding to Griffiths rebirth...

Let me just step in and say : WE ARE SPECULATING ON A RUMOR

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
is it impossible that it's just an ad for the manga? i don't want to be the nay-sayer, but hey, if there was a second season in the works, we'd have almost definately heard something about it by now, especially if it would be coming out in 2002. work would've had to have started quite some time ago for it to be ready that soon... at least, that's my opinion. i agree that to announce the dvd would be foolish, but who knows. might just be for the manga, or maybe they're going to rebroadcast it now that it's more popular. i heard that the anime had kinda low ratings due to a poor time slot & such. oh well, that's my 2 cents

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
If it was for the manga it would be advertising volume 23 (the first volume to come out in 2002) which we dont even know what happens in. Volume 22 is the next volume, and it will end with chapter 187, and will come out sometime late this year.

Anyways, im pretty sure they dont make big ass posters for manga releases, much less one with Femto on the cover  ;)

Why would they have a poster in China of an anime that will probably be out in Japan first. This guy is probably making it up.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
maybe they are getting the series on TV for the first time in Hong Kong in 2002?

In any case, I don't buy it till I see a picture.

I don't buy the story about the life sized Dragon slayer in a video game shop either.

Griffith

I buy it all despite myself! Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised by the dragon slayer thing, I’ve seen quite a few pictures of life-sized ones that look perfect (the best one was in the back of the Kenpuu Denki Kanzen Kaisekishyo).

If only we could see the poster and decipher what this “child with wings” really is…if not that.

-Griffith

If it was for the manga it would be advertising volume 23 (the first volume to come out in 2002) which we dont even know what happens in. Volume 22 is the next volume, and it will end with chapter 187, and will come out sometime late this year.

But since it's supposed to be an HK ad, I'd think it could be about the _Chinese edition_ of the manga. And the new volume may be due for 2002.

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
maybe the chinese version is a little behind? or maybe they're just now releasing the manga or dvds or something in HK? i don't know, i just don't think there's any real reason to think there's another series in the work other than pure optimism. don't get me wrong, i want to see it as much as everybody else, but i really think that it'd be announced in young animal first, & you guys said there's nothing in there about it, so...

But then why would Femto be a part of it?

Because they used some random illustration (maybe from the DVDs, like you said)?
Because the Chinese edition of volume 21 isn't out yet?

'Could be a lot of things.
And among them, the possibily that it's _indeed_ an ad for a new anime series is... weak, in my opinion.

I hope you're right about there being a new series. I'm still skeptical, though. Why would any evidence of a new Berserk come in the form of a poster in HK when the show would be made in Japan (Most probably. They might animate it in HK, never know)? You also have to consider that HK is THE most bootleg place in the world. Besides, news of new anime from Japan now come ASAP to the states and there's been no news of a new Berserk. Nevermind my endless optimism, lets just hope for a new Berserk anime.

Off topic, you've played CvS2 already? Bastard. Florida is always dead last in getting new Capcom games. This may be a stupid question, but is Terry's sweep in that game as fast as it was in CvS1?

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
:'( i'm really afraid that it is a fake (remember the picture of Eva 3months ago).
But,and I say but,it would be so great if it may be a seconde saison of the serie(or OAV serie)..
So wait 'til good news maybe....

Nb: I wondered: Miura worked on the serie of Berserk;if there were some new anime ,he probably would work on it,wouldn't he?
And so,what about the manga??

Grrr, I'm so angry not to know...

P

paradiselost

...dear MagoAmorth, do you really believe that Miura is doing a new manga?

???

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think he means that if Miura is working on a new season of Berserk, then how will he have time to work on the manga.

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
thx walter

I meant that if (again fucking"if" ) Miura does a new anime serie, he probably won't havec the time to continue to draw the manga....he's not superman!!! (sometimes,I wonder :)

Top Bottom