What's your favorite video games?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
anyway while we are on the subject of Final Fantasy. IMHO i believe FF11 to be the best MMORPG out there

Wow, stop the Square fanboy bullshit please. If you're going to give your opinion about what game is the best, you'd better detail everything lengthily.

Anyway, you don't have to subscribe and pay a monthly fee to play Guild Wars, that should answer your question about "free Internet play".

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
it is considered the single most innovative RPG of all time. if you would like i can like about a good 20 things . well just in case you would like a few now.

1.the Materia system
Now, anyone can be a master!

2. the story line
CHASE THE BAD DUDE ACROSS TEH PLANAT

[Xenogears] was not even close to FF7 [in terms of depth] ::)
*cough*BULLSHIT*cough* But each nerd fanboy, myself included, has different desires when it comes to the broad term "depth." To me, depth is constituted by the scope of character development from beginning to end, and the themes drawn from the plot (read FF7: be a hippie and save teh planat. Lesson? Don't use fossil fuels!!! read Xeno: destroy god. Lesson? Religiophilosophic bonanza.)

anyway while we are on the subject of Final Fantasy. IMHO i believe FF11 to be the best MMORPG out there
A solid point. Just as solid as your Xenogears refutal.

Aazealh said:
Wow, stop the Square fanboy bullshit please.
whoa whoa whoa. let not forget the old saying
"don't hate. appreciate" 8)

and i am not a square fanboy :p i just find most of they're games to be great. i could easily praise capcom for a lot of  their games.

Aazealh said:
If you're going to give your opinion about what game is the best, you'd better detail everything lengthily.
no problem.

1. the storyline is great
2. the missions are cool
3. the charters are really cool (diffrent classes)
4. great graphics
5. great gameplay
6. crisp sound
7. the job system is better than the other MMORPG's that i have played (6)
8. great battle system

I'm sorry they're not lengthy answers. but if you would like i can elaborate on every one of the points i made above, and even add a good amount of other good points. to why i think FF11 to be far superior to the other MMORPG's. its just going to be a long post.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, you don't have to subscribe and pay a monthly fee to play Guild Wars, that should answer your question about "free Internet play".
Thanks ;D

oh and Aazealh if you know of any weird or cool games coming out just post them. like the Nintendo Dogs game lol

heres the Leisue Suit Larry game thats rated "AO".
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/leisuresuitlarrymcl/news_6111631.html

honestly i don't recall ever seeing a "AO" rated game before. if any of you guys have post it.

Walter said:
do you guys really want me to write a thesis on this lol

Walter said:
cough*BULLSHIT*cough* But each nerd fanboy, myself included, has different desires when it comes to the broad term "depth." To me, depth is constituted by the scope of character development from beginning to end, and the themes drawn from the plot (read FF7: be a hippie and save teh planat. Lesson? Don't use fossil fuels!!! read Xeno: destroy god. Lesson? Religiophilosophic bonanza.)
A solid point. Just as solid as your Xenogears refutal.
ok you guys know that FF7 is better than Xenogears what RPG would you say is better? and i will make sure my next

Walter said:
is severely backed with tons of info and proof

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
whoa whoa whoa. let not forget the old saying
"don't hate. appreciate" 8)

Yeah, but you're still dismissing people's posts without proving what you're stating. It's not nice to other members.

DarthVenom said:
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.

I'm sorry they're not lengthy answers. but if you would like i can elaborate on every one of the points i made above

Yeah, I think you should, because these "points" are a totally subjective opinion, and everybody could say the same for any other game.

DarthVenom said:
oh and Aazealh if you know of any weird or cool games coming out just post them. like the Nintendo Dogs game lol

Well there's always King's Field. It's better than all of Square's games combined.

DarthVenom said:
do you guys really want me to write a thesis on this lol

Why not?

DarthVenom said:
ok you guys know that FF7 is better than Xenogears what RPG would you say is better?

Shadow of the Beast is better than FF7 because it's harder. Deus Ex has a more dynamic plot. Vagrant Story has better background graphics during battles. Vandal Hearts has a better ending song. Zelda II: The adventures of Link have cooler bosses. Populous has a better AI. Xenogears is better than FFVII because the plot is better and the sound effects are better and the texturing of the enemies is technically superior, plus the game booklet had a better printing...

DarthVenom said:
severely backed with tons of info and proof

Not really, that's precisely the problem.

and Final Fantasy had surpassed Chrono Trigger in both innovative ideas and depth

No, depth, maybe, but by a hair. Innovations are a no. Who here wanted to run around on a six foot chicken (chocobo)? Who wanted to play minigames over and over to get a limit break? Chrono Trigger had 100% fun minigames and side quests. Not one part was boring. FF7's biggest "depth" are twists. Movies have them, games have them and manga have them. Woopie.

To be fair Guts did that for about a year. No other parallels but just giving a counter argument.

This is where I concur with Walter's "CHASE THE BAD DUDE ACROSS TEH PLANAT". But for irony let him have white hair and a huge katana that magically keeps reapearing after being embedded in people's backs.

2. the missions are cool

Missions? Are we talking FF7? There weren't missions. One continuous game.

Not one FF7 main character can deal with women. Seriously! Most people take he hint when a woman acts strange around them but not these guys. These guys make trekkies look like "players". And almost all RPGs have classes. Sorry :'(

4. great graphics

Using an example from the FF series, FF9 proved that much more could be done using the PSX system.

5. great gameplay

More like repetitive an ridiculously easy once you have level 70 but hey what do I know?

6. crisp sound

Only one song avoided a synthesizer. It sounded like the 16 bit systems.

Play more.

8. great battle system

No. Just no. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=repetitive&x=0&y=0
Xenogears was innovative and made battles consistently fun.

i think what you meant to write was an "amazing story, tons and tons of twists and great graphics for its day." but its ok i wont hold it against you

I think you need to stop being a fanboy and open your eyes to the repetitiveness of the FF series, of which FF7 is the best. But its okay, I wont hold it against you. ;)

in FF7 you slashed the enemy during the battle

In a generated arena and jumped back into a straight line. But yes I forgot that you slash.

it was not even close to FF7 ::)

Yeah while Xenogears was busy with drawing you into it and allowing all characters character development, whatever that is ::), FF7 was busy using cliche characters and overused stereotypes. Woopie.

and for saying such a thing i am now depressed

http://conanemo.ytmnd.com/

Sorry for being harsh.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
DarthVenom said:
1.the Materia system
2. the story line
1. Full flexibility just to make the game so damn easy that at most times you can laugh at it.
2. Story line? I believe you've mistaken this game for another? Seriously, all you have in the storyline is clouds little "twist" about his past. Without that little twist everyone thinks so amazing and innovative you have a retarded less intresting version of Legend of Dragoon. Praising one game for a minor plot twist of a character who has no depth in the first place because he doesn't talk, it's like praising Coke with Lime over Coke. I really want to know what part of the storyline stands out so so much?

I can easily justify my reasons for SOA bieng my favorit RPG, and I will.
1. Ariship Battle System, ship battles, a lesser used angle for RPGs
2. Boats flying in the air, it's got a fantasy feeling to it, it helps seperate the game from all the other typical ones.
3. I like the music, sure it's nerdy but I like how it's more realistic than the same Ryuichi Sakamoto wannabe music in nearly every square game (though I love him, someones gotta tell those people, they're not him).
4. Ramirez remained mysterious, his whole past and life story and whatever weren't revealed.
5. The storyline had many similarities to real life, the mistake of thinking that the Valuans were sent by the god of the the people under the green moon, much like the europeans were mistaken for bieng sent by queatzcoatl.

I can make a longer list if you like to continue this.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Rage, all those points of Darth's you argued were actually what he was saying about Final Fantasy 11.

And, don't state your opinions as fact, considering I hated multiple mini-games in Chrono Trigger(the button-mashing caveman drinking game most prominently) which you seemed to enjoy. In addition, while I enjoyed Kings Field, I didn't really find it better than Final Fantasy seven, six or Tactics(PSX).(I know Aaz is the one who brought up Kings Field)

And you can say whatever you want about Final Fantasy Seven having a terrible story, but one thing you can't accuse it of is lack of character development.

ShinHell9

I started on here when I was like 14...
Wah wah wah said:
And you can say whatever you want about Final Fantasy Seven having a terrible story, but one thing you can't accuse it of is lack of character development.
Cloud, the man who has no depth whatsoever, doesn't say a word and yet people put him on the pedestal of greatness, cloud's past is a part of the story, not character development.

Tifa was just eye candy, the same girl in so many series where she may or may not have a thing for the main character.

Aeris had some depth, as did Cid, Barrett, and Vincent, but Vincent lacked in a few things, prolly since he was minor.

Yuffie goes through no change in personality through these events, she reamins the petty theif of so many old movies and so many games.

Cait Sith, was practically a filler character.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I think everyone is forgetting a little Jewel that went a little un-noticed.

Tecmo's: Deception

What early game had a "Beware, contains satanic references" warning on he box? What game let you have the role of the bad guy for a change?

This game had moxie!

You had the option of changing the design of your house to fulfil your trap designing dreams!

Also the fact that you can get the human remains and make different types of monsters depending on what type of people you have "lured" in.

Also with 8 different types of endings, this early PS1 game had it all... also the sequels are awesome and well known over here in japan with number 5 coming out. Looks awesome.

I rest my case. 8)

Aazealh said:
Yeah, but you're still dismissing people's posts without proving what you're stating. It's not nice to other members.
I didn’t mean to disrespect any SK members. If I did sorry about that
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I think you should, because these "points" are a totally subjective opinion, and everybody could say the same for any other game.
well thats what makes them opinions. and i will tomorrow.
Aazealh said:
No problem. just give me a little time and ill give you a good page’s worth of reason backed by a large amount of resources.
Aazealh said:
Shadow of the Beast is better than FF7 because it's harder.
Wrong. I beat shadow of the beast with more ease than I did FF7. all I have to say is Emerald Weapon.
Aazealh said:
Deus Ex has a more dynamic plot.
That’s just ridiculous
Aazealh said:
Vagrant Story has better background graphics during battles.
IMO I don’t believe so. And don’t forget that the game came out over 3 years later. But all in all Vagrant Story was a great game
Aazealh said:
Vandal Hearts has a better ending song.
Now I cant tell if your being serious or just playing
Aazealh said:
Zelda II: The adventures of Link have cooler bosses.
Now I have voiced my opinion on the Zelda series before. And I believe I said I have enjoyed all of the series except Zelda 2. it was definitely the weakest out of the whole series. And what boss is cooler than Sephiroth, any of the weapons or even any Shinra member?
Aazealh said:
Populous has a better AI.
Ok now your getting a little close. I love the original populous
Aazealh said:
Xenogears is better than FFVII because the plot is better and the sound effects are better and the texturing of the enemies is technically superior, plus the game booklet had a better printing...
I think that your wrong. But here read for yourself

FF7
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/review.html

Xenogears
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/xenogears/review.html

i can show you a ton of more reviews if you like.

Aazealh said:
Not really, that's precisely the problem.
I mean to put that I would not u. I edited it

Rage Incarnate said:
No, depth, maybe, but by a hair.
i would say by a mile
Rage Incarnate said:
Innovations are a no. Who here wanted to run around on a six foot chicken (chocobo)? Who wanted to play minigames over and over to get a limit break? Chrono Trigger had 100% fun minigames and side quests. Not one part was boring. FF7's biggest "depth" are twists. Movies have them, games have them and manga have them. Woopie.
Apparently a lot of people loved the chocobo's. They even made a game for it. and i actually enjoyed playing the mini games in FF7
Rage Incarnate said:
umm i was talking about Final Fantasy 11. but just in case you didn't read any of the above posts
DarthVenom said:
Aazealh said:
Wow, stop the Square fanboy bullshit please. If you're going to give your opinion about what game is the best, you'd better detail everything lengthily.
DarthVenom said:
and i am not a square fanboy :p i just find most of they're games to be great. i could easily praise capcom for a lot of  their games.
no problem.

2. the missions are cool
4. great graphics
5. great gameplay
6. crisp sound
8. great battle system

I'm sorry they're not lengthy answers. but if you would like i can elaborate on every one of the points i made above, and even add a good amount of other good points. to why i think FF11 to be far superior to the other MMORPG's. its just going to be a long post.
Thanks ;D
;)
Rage Incarnate said:
http://conanemo.ytmnd.com/

Sorry for being harsh.
the link is not opening

Eddie said:
1. Full flexibility just to make the game so damn easy that at most times you can laugh at it.
i thought the materia system was a very innovative and cool way to add traits and diffrent types of magic

Eddie said:
2. Story line? I believe you've mistaken this game for another? Seriously, all you have in the storyline is clouds little "twist" about his past. Without that little twist everyone thinks so amazing and innovative you have a retarded less intresting version of Legend of Dragoon. Praising one game for a minor plot twist of a character who has no depth in the first place because he doesn't talk, it's like praising Coke with Lime over Coke. I really want to know what part of the storyline stands out so so much?
i will answer this in the larger post i was talking to Aazealh about
Wah wah wah said:
Rage, all those points of Darth's you argued were actually what he was saying about Final Fantasy 11.

And, don't state your opinions as fact, considering I hated multiple mini-games in Chrono Trigger(the button-mashing caveman drinking game most prominently) which you seemed to enjoy. In addition, while I enjoyed Kings Field, I didn't really find it better than Final Fantasy seven, six or Tactics(PSX).(I know Aaz is the one who brought up Kings Field)
thank you  8)

Walter said:
Why do you keep posting Gamespot reviews? Their word is law?
no i was just guessing from a lot of other posts about gamefaqs that people might trust it a bit more. ill use diffrent reviews next time 8)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rage Incarnate said:
To be fair Guts did that for about a year.  No other parallels but just giving a counter argument.

I hardly see how that is a counter argument. It's just a pointless comment, totally oblivious of the context and the way the two things you compare were executed. And Guts killed apostles for more than 2 years.

Wah wah wah said:
while I enjoyed Kings Field, I didn't really find it better than Final Fantasy seven, six or Tactics(PSX).(I know Aaz is the one who brought up Kings Field)

King's Field has a touch of originality the 3 games you talk about lack, did they have a crossbow? And a skull key? And a giant Kraken? Most of all, the game was graphically better than all the FF titles on the PSX, and the gameplay was plain great, ultra fast and fluid. Btw, FF Tactics doesn't hold a candle to Tactics Ogre.

DarthVenom said:
Wrong. I beat shadow of the beast with more ease than I did FF7. all I have to say is Emerald Weapon.

You beat SotB on Atari more easily than FF7? Then you're either a robot or really, really bad at FF7. The Emerald Weapon wasn't really hard to destroy, I consider Ruby to be harder.

DarthVenom said:
That’s just ridiculous

Not at all, you know it's true.

DarthVenom said:
IMO I don’t believe so.

It's ok not to believe, it's another thing to state one's opinion like a fact. ;)

DarthVenom said:
I have voiced my opinion on the Zelda series before. And I believe I said I have enjoyed all of the series except Zelda 2. it was definitely the weakest out of the whole series. And what boss is cooler than Sephiroth, any of the weapons or even any Shinra member?

Shadow Link is cooler than them all! 8) And Zelda II is DEFINITELY the best of the series after Link's awakening. There's no doubt about that, as I just proved by stating it. Now beware or I'll post a link to a website.

DarthVenom said:
no i was just guessing from a lot of other posts about gamefaqs that people might trust it a bit more. ill use diffrent reviews next time 8)

I think the point was that posting reviews doesn't prove anything. ;)

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aaaah Xenogears... You know, from my personal opinion it has the best intro "movie" than any other game that has come out for PS.  Sorry, you just brought back memories    8)

R

Raftrider

Hahaha! Sweet! Fellow Suikoden and Breath of Fire fans!

NES: Duck Hunt, Ninja Turtles, Mario

SNES: Breath of Fire 1&2, Super Mario World, Lufia II(didn't like Lufia one that much.), Terranigma, Bart's Nightmare, Final Fantasy II, Street Fighter, Chrono Trigger, Mario Paint

PS1: Breath of Fire 3&4, Tenchu 1&2, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Tai'Fu, Legend of Legaia, Metal Gear Solid, Soulblade, Suikoden 1&2

PS2: Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3, Tenchu 3(Tenchu Fatal Shadows kind of SUCKED.) Suikoden III(IV was a let down. I can't wait until Suikoden:Rhapsodia comes out.), Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3

Aazealh said:
FF Tactics doesn't hold a candle to Tactics Ogre.
now thats a good debate to start. both games are amazing. why do you think that Tactics Orge is better than FF Tactics?

Aazealh said:
You beat SotB on Atari more easily than FF7?
i thought you you talking about SOTB on Genesis

Aazealh said:
The Emerald Weapon wasn't really hard to destroy, I consider Ruby to be harder.
I'm talking about beating Emerald without the knights of the round materia. now thats ridiculous. i could give you my materia set up before i had knights of the round if you like. then you could try it and see how hard it is. and as for Ruby i found him easier than Emerald. all you had to do was kill of two of your players then add Phoenix and Final summon to they're Armor or something. then fight him. since you have two players dead he wont try to banish anyone. and as soon as you die (if you have Phoenix and Final Summon equipped also) you all regenerate and then ahh well just use this tactic for yourself ;D. or just get knights of the round and mime and then beat the shit out of him but use the tactic above as well.

Aazealh said:
Shadow Link is cooler than them all! 8) And Zelda II is DEFINITELY the best of the series after Link's awakening. There's no doubt about that, as I just proved by stating it. Now beware or I'll post a link to a website.
lol go ahead and post a link to a Web site. the bottom line is that Zelda 2 pretty much sucked compared any other game in the series. i would be amazed if you could even find a review that said the game was cool :p.

Raftrider said:
Hahaha! Sweet! Fellow Suikoden and Breath of Fire fans!
I'm a big time Breath of Fire fan.
i liked every one of them that i played 1,2,3,4

have you ever played any of the old Dragon Warrior games? or even the new ones?

CnC

Ad Oculos
I've played FF7 as well as FF10... and while I enjoyed them, I never picked them up again after beating the game.

As far as favorite games? Prince of Persia, not the new ones. 1st one and Shadow and the Flame.

CnC said:
I've played FF7 as well as FF10... and while I enjoyed them, I never picked them up again after beating the game.
i beat them both as well. and i have never picked 10 up ever again. i really dislike that game. well at least its not as bad as FF X-2 ;D

Good news for any Mega Man fans who own a PSP. MegaMan 2 is being released for the PSP in japan on 9/8

i have always enjoyed the megaman series.

and good news for Breath of Fire fans who also own a PSP.

Breath of Fire 3 will be released 8/25

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
why do you think that Tactics Orge is better than FF Tactics?

For the same reason you think FFVII is better than any other game: because I like it more.

DarthVenom said:
I'm talking about beating Emerald without the knights of the round materia. now thats ridiculous. i could give you my materia set up before i had knights of the round if you like. then you could try it and see how hard it is.

Hey buddy, don't throw your low-level standards at me, k? I beat the whole game in reverse order on my first playing, and that includes the 2 Weapons. I didn't have the KOTR materia, and the last materia I found in the game was the breathing under water one. I actually wondered what could it be used for the day I got it, and it wasn't until a friend explained it to me that I understood its only use was to kill the Emerald Weapon.

Whatever materia set you use doesn't interest me, as long as you have the Phoenix combo you can't lose anyway.

DarthVenom said:
all you had to do was kill of two of your players then add Phoenix and Final summon to they're Armor or something. then fight him. since you have two players dead he wont try to banish anyone. and as soon as you die (if you have Phoenix and Final Summon equipped also) you all regenerate and then ahh well just use this tactic for yourself ;D.

Yeah, whatever. I beat both Weapons a long time ago (too long to remember the specifics, I admit), and it wasn't exceptional, sorry.

DarthVenom said:
lol go ahead and post a link to a Web site. the bottom line is that Zelda 2 pretty much sucked compared any other game in the series. i would be amazed if you could even find a review that said the game was cool :p.

Wow. I spend my last 2 posts making fun of your rude and arrogant way of brandishing your opinion as if it was LAW, and you still manage to keep doing the same thing, even the review focused thingie. Make an effort about that please, I don't care much about all of this myself, but it can be frustrating to others.

Aazealh said:
For the same reason you think FFVII is better than any other game: because I like it more.
good reason ;D

Aazealh said:
Wow. I spend my last 2 posts making fun of your rude and arrogant way of brandishing your opinion as if it was LAW, and you still manage to keep doing the same thing
i realized that i was just beind facetious dude.
Aazealh said:
even the review focused thingie.
lol sorry about that
Aazealh said:
Make an effort about that please, I don't care much about all of this myself, but it can be frustrating to others.
no problem as i said before
DarthVenom said:
I didn’t mean to disrespect any SK members. If I did sorry about that
:)

Edit

Oh and if anyone knows of any good RPG's (or any game for that matter) please post.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DarthVenom said:
Oh and if anyone knows of any good RPG's (or any game for that matter) please post.

Castlevania: Dawn of Soul is going to rock (on NDS) as I said, relating to the 2D lovers that posted a bit earlier. Otherwise, there are plenty of cool NDS games in development, not going to list them though.

I don't remember seeing anybody talking about the Bust a move series, which is one of my favorite. Then there's Bubble Bobble. ;D

About the Mega Man that could be on PSP with BoF 3 (they've just been listed on Gmstar.com for now), it would just be a new version of Mega Man Legends that came out on PSX and was unfortunately quite bad.

Not the real and only Mega Man 2, available on Nintendo DS! (too lazy to make a video right now, so let's just say that I do play it :p)

Top Bottom